Should "starting" O-line play most of the game vs Ravens? (1 Viewer)

Crush

Very Banned
Reaction score
We need these guys to show improvement and cohesion. The risk is always there, but should we play the starters on the OL for most of this final preseason game? I also think a W in this game would be a good thing to earn heading towards week 1. Some of these young guys need to feel that winning feeling in a Saints uniform.

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We need these guys to show improvement and cohesion. The risk is always there, but should we play the starters on the OL for most of this final preseason game? I also think a W in this game would be a good thing to earn heading towards week 1. Some of these young guys need to feel that winning feeling in a Saints uniform.
Absolutely. They need every minute of game simulation they can get with each other.

I also think it's too late to move Peat to left guard. Leave him at right guard and put

Kelemete or Landon Turner at left guard and lets roll.

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
In a word. ......yes. This O-Line needs to jell and they need to do it sooner than later. If one gets injured what's the difference, we still need better players. We can probably get equal players at least from league cuts.

Rugger

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would not be against it. They need to get better. They need to improve. They need to get cohesion. Injuries are a right, but I think the benefits outweigh them. They should play at least a half.

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Absolutely. They need every minute of game simulation they can get with each other.

I also think it's too late to move Peat to left guard. Leave him at right guard and put

Kelemete or Landon Turner at left guard and lets roll.
I just listened to the conf call of SP on another thread and he stated Peat played 70+ snaps last year at LG so he would have more game expirence at LG , I didn't realize he played that much there

That would put Turner at RG , I've asked on several threads but haven't seen a response about Turner having ever played LG , if switching sides is hurting AP I would assume it would also affect Turner

TA AP MU LT SZ would be the lineup I'd like unless we add a player

But I agree with giving them the whole game , though it's pretty late in the game to change again but if it's not working as is it can't hurt

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just listened to the conf call of SP on another thread and he stated Peat played 70+ snaps last year at LG so he would have more game expirence at LG , I didn't realize he played that much there

That would put Turner at RG , I've asked on several threads but haven't seen a response about Turner having ever played LG , if switching sides is hurting AP I would assume it would also affect Turner

TA AP MU LT SZ would be the lineup I'd like unless we add a player

But I agree with giving them the whole game , though it's pretty late in the game to change again but if it's not working as is it can't hurt
Yeah, I'm good with where ever they put Peat.
But just leave him there.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, Play them till they take out their 1s and 2s. Not beneficial for them to be playing against 3rd/4th stringers.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not going to happen anyway. Even if we make a move for a decent veteran guard like, tomorrow, all we're going to see in any year's final preseason game is the rookie free agents and other scrubs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Week 2 rooting guide: Who Saints fans should want to win and who they should be rooting against Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Focus on New Orleans: Why Raiders should be worried about how Saints won opener SR News Page Articles 0
Saint_Ward Michael Thomas should be ok (ankle) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
Bill Question Will (or Should) our home games start the same? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Should NFL players ditch their agents? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
All Tickets should go to the Loudest Fans when we reopen Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Andrus Saints starting receivers Thomas, Sanders miss practice SR News Page Articles 0
sammymvpknight Boston Scott starting for Eagles Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 41
Dan in Lafayette Mike Detillier: Starting out fast matters for Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Dan in Lafayette Mike Detillier: Starting out fast matters for Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Is the Saints defensive line primed for a big 2020? 'We could be special' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights Saints offensive line vs. Bucs SR News Page Articles 0
Taker597 Offensive line didn't get 4 preseason games to gel and missing its 1st round rookie. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Zach Line watched Saints season opener from his couch in uniform: 'Retirement is hard' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
rsmith2783 Questions regarding the Offensive Line Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13