Should the Manning Family Own Saints? (1 Viewer)

TIMG

Dude
Reaction score
I heard this theory proposed on the radio the other day. Would it have a positive impact on the team if Peyton Manning and co were to own the team in the future?

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed here many times and the conclusion is that they do not have the cash to really come close to being able to purchase the Saints. Besides that Eli wouldn't even be eligible to be a part owner until after he retires.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know Peyton is rich, but I don't think he has an extra two billion lying around somewhere.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In no uncertain terms, NO. Keep them away from anything to do with the Saints. They've taken enough from New Orleans.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They've basked in the glory of whatever it was Archie accomplished while being the best of the worst, traded that in for restaurants and other endeavors, while contributing nothing of real value to New Orleans.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Anyone remember Archie used to do commercials for a company called southern siding?

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They've basked in the glory of whatever it was Archie accomplished while being the best of the worst, traded that in for restaurants and other endeavors, while contributing nothing of real value to New Orleans.
You're mad because they opened a restaurant?
Most sports legends do that when they retire. Look at Ditka and Favre. I expect Brees and/or Payton to do the same.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing the Mannings have taken from New Orleans is the 5 acres of Payton's forehead.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton and Eli do not seem to have close connections to the city. They seem like fine people. Not trying to say anything negative about them. But they do not seem to identify much with New Orleans and Louisiana. It is what it is.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're mad because they opened a restaurant?
Most sports legends do that when they retire. Look at Ditka and Favre. I expect Brees and/or Payton to do the same.
No, I see through their phoniness.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, I see through their phoniness.
Nothing phony about 4 superbowls (although, the one last year looked contrived)

Archie was a local hero and both Peyton and Eli have done well for themselves. If I could open a restaurant because of my last name, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton and Eli do not seem to have close connections to the city. They seem like fine people. Not trying to say anything negative about them. But they do not seem to identify much with New Orleans and Louisiana. It is what it is.
It is possible to have love of your hometown city with turning it into obsession. Archie made his career in New Orleans. Peyton and Eli didn't. Peyton found success in Indianapolis and Denver. Eli is still thriving in New York.
I always thought you become the city where you find the most success. And it's not just athletes. When I was a kid, I always thought David Letterman was the definition of New York and he came off like a real New Yorker. But he's not. He's from Indianapolis.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Manning brothers would be fabulous owners. Both have worked and learned from some of the best owners in the NFL. They would probably not be able to raise enough money to be controlling partners, so it's neither here nor there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom