Should the Saints trade Marquez Callaway? (2 Viewers)

liveoakh

Rookie
Reaction score
Why, trade Calloway? He was the leading receiver last year, in yardage and TDs, he is restricted and costing us nothing. He is way more valuable to us than his trade value. Calloway has been better than any (Saints) undrafted FA WR I can recall. Can anyone tell of another?

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Why, trade Calloway? He was the leading receiver last year, in yardage and TDs, he is restricted and costing us nothing. He is way more valuable to us than his trade value. Calloway has been better than any (Saints) undrafted FA WR I can recall. Can anyone tell of another?
Willie Snead.

mdharper

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I could see Calloway fitting the Bears' mold more than TQS, but I think this team is in win-now mode and I don't see any trades out there that help the Saints this season.

Saint Pompano

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

Trevor led us in completions and 16 yards away from tying JW. I don't think comparing last year's team leaders in offensive stats matters much.

If he get beat out, it's better to trade him then release him.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Harty says HI
Cant forget about him

MG3n2K5

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Training camp battle is between Callaway and TQS, IMO. If you feel Callaway can be as good as TSQ then you might have a better chance trading TSQ if it came to that.

Sounds like this battle has pretty decisively gone to TQS, not just as a blocker but as a WR. The question is whether Calloway is worth keeping around as a regular inactive player in case somebody gets hurt or would you rather hold onto Kirk Merritt or Dai'Jean Dixon & move Calloway for a little something from a Cleveland, Chicago or Denver or some other team with WR injuries.

sainthood

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Callaway can play special teams and knows the offense. Smith is on a two year deal, ($3mil per) but he might be gone next year (he resigned before Landry or Olave were on the team in March.) I want to keep Callaway. I would let preseason play out and the inevitable injuries across the league. The biggest thing about Callaway for me is the man spent last season facing the opponent's best corner. Now he'll be going against the third or fourth corner. I think Callaway is worth keeping around to see how much he has improved. Calloway has a nothing contract $895K for 2022. Callaway is also the back up punt returner. If Hardy wants too much money that could be more important for next season.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score

It is like Lance Moore never existed :(

kennydfresh

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Real talk the only WR on the team with trade value besides the aforementioned is Deontay Harty. Now I would trade for him, elite special teams player and deep threat at WR you can use as a dollar store Tyrek Hill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom