Should the Saints trade Marquez Callaway? (1 Viewer)

We good bro. It happens all the time
I think if he gets released, either Green Bay or New England may snatch him up.
Caloway did this against #1 CBs last yr. and cost less then any of these guys. I think he is our 4th WR and the first to come in for injury. Harty isn't an every down WR, and will be protected as a KR. Why would they cut this guy?

2021 season

Marquez Calloway : 698yds 6 TDS 83 targets

Cole Beasley : 693yds 1 TDS 112 targets

Emanuel Sanders : 626yds 4 TDS 72 targets

Jarvis Landry : 570yds 2 TDS 87 targets

Brandon Cooks : 1086 6 TDS 130 targets

Don't get it twisted..I think very highly of Callaway and how he performed last season. I'm just saying with MT13, Landry and Olave in the fold, Callaway could be 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Maybe a WR needy team would give up a 4th or 5th rounder for him.
For what, a bag of peanuts?

I love when fans way over value their own players.

N
to who? He has no value. nobody dying for a 4th tier

Don't get it twisted..I think very highly of Callaway and how he performed last season. I'm just saying with MT13, Landry and Olave in the fold, Callaway could be 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Maybe a WR needy team would give up a 4th or 5th rounder for him.
To the bears. Num 1 on that team.

Caloway did this against #1 CBs last yr. and cost less then any of these guys. I think he is our 4th WR and the first to come in for injury. Harty isn't an every down WR, and will be protected as a KR. Why would they cut this guy?

2021 season

Marquez Calloway : 698yds 6 TDS 83 targets

Cole Beasley : 693yds 1 TDS 112 targets

Emanuel Sanders : 626yds 4 TDS 72 targets

Jarvis Landry : 570yds 2 TDS 87 targets

Brandon Cooks : 1086 6 TDS 130 targets
130 targets for cooks jeez. Watson had better rate dm to bj on ig

Dixon and Merritt are putting pressure on Calloway.
Dixon hasn’t caught a single NFL pass or played in a game yet to put pressure on anyone although I do like him and am glad we were able to get him. Merrit has caught like 4 passes his entire career, while Calloway produced almost 700 yards and 6 tds with a carousel of QBs in a crazy season. Neither are putting pressure as of yet although both can potentially be very good players for us.

I'm sorry to disagree again, but he was undrafted and a free agent. Which team he started with was not a condition you set at the time.

You asked the question and have had at least two good answers, Snead and Moore (the latter being an even better example).
You are correct those are 2 good answers, but, I was looking for Saints developed WR. I wasn't descriptive enough.

He’s much more valuable to us as a quality backup/role-player than any compensation we could squeeze out of another team. Not even the Jets would trade anything more than a 6th

This is how I see the roster right now.

CGM, Landry, Olave, Harty, Calloway

TQS - hasn't had a yr as good as Calloway had last year. Drawing every teams #1 CB. TQS has never drawn the teams #1 CB ever.

Both TQS and Calloway could be kept, If the team sees Harty, kind of being carried on special teams.

Who was pouting about not being and being paid like a DE.
Where was that reported? I remember him being upset over the Saints moving him to DE and playing him out of position. They even made him lose weight to play it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom