Should we call the Browns and (inquire about CB Joe Haden)? (1 Viewer)

I would suggest doing research before just throwing a name out. Haden has been consistently burnt lately going back into last season. Seems like this guy has forgotten how to cornerback. We would essentially be giving Cleveland a Richardson deal like Indy did. Would be a horrible move. I would jump all over a Talib trade instead of this. Haden is garbage.
tom_delay.jpg

A "shutdown" corner does no good if the QB has 5-6 seconds to throw and opposing RBs get 5 yds per carry....

Yes. Get a pass rush and our secondary will look much better.

Thats the thing. I thought we had great talent in the front 7. We got players like Cam, Davison, Edebali, Fairley. They all need to start producing. Were starting players whos on their rookie years. Thats scary.

I am not talking about renting a hired gun for one season. If we trade a high pick for a very good starting cb, we better resign that guy to a long term contract. If you are just looking for a hired gun then I would rather roll with what we have. There is no guarantees that many of the talent next year will turn out to be good starters. This way you know what the player is about.

I wasn't talking about a one-year rental, either. Absolutely, I'd want him resigned if we could land him.

why would we look like idiots for making our team better?

If Breaux doesn't get hurt, we easily win the OAK game.

With Breaux and Haden we're probably the best team in the NFC.

To me, it would be idiotic to make the trade if you were 6-1, you've already proved you're good enough without him. Whereas we've just proved we're decent corners away from being a very good football team.

Haden is 27. He is a good age and still has probably 3 quality years left, same as Brees. Pair that NOW while the window is open. Haden is leaps and bounds better than anybody coming into the NFL next year and is NFL proven. I would be endlessly happy if we made this good of a move now.

Exactly, Haden is 27. It doesn't make sense to throw away a 1st on a guy who is middle-aged, by NFL standards, in order to maybe right a losing season. Not at the possible expense of losing out on a top-10 pick. Remember, Lewis was only 27 when we acquired him. We paid him a lot of money for basically one good season.

I'd like the trade, only if it's clear we'll likely make the playoffs. The situation at corner would be unsettling heading into sudden-death play, to say the least. If we don't look to be heading towards the playoffs, there's no point in burning a 1st on a losing effort. I'd like to wait and and see.

Put your eyes back in your head.

"Haden hasn’t played in many games this year, but when he has, the Browns would have been better off with him not suiting up. Haden is averaging just 6.2 cover snaps per reception, which is the fourth-lowest in the NFL. What’s more, his 2.60 yards per cover snaps allowed is the most in the NFL. Quarterbacks targeting Haden are 24-for-31 for 387 yards and four touchdowns. That’s a QB rating of 158.2. Quarterbacks in the NFL this season have been 0.1 point off of being absolutely perfect throwing at Joe Haden."

He got torched by a rookie playing in his first game last week and tweaked his surgically repaired ankle. Some of ya'll are wearing these blinders and just think cause he was good that he still is. Let's get Mike McKenzie back in here!

If he could contribute now, it might make sense for Payton and Loomis if not the franchise. The picks we would lose later dont give them anything if someone else has the job of making and coaching those picks. Thats where the interests of management differ from fans and ownership.

Put your eyes back in your head.

"Haden hasn’t played in many games this year, but when he has, the Browns would have been better off with him not suiting up. Haden is averaging just 6.2 cover snaps per reception, which is the fourth-lowest in the NFL. What’s more, his 2.60 yards per cover snaps allowed is the most in the NFL. Quarterbacks targeting Haden are 24-for-31 for 387 yards and four touchdowns. That’s a QB rating of 158.2. Quarterbacks in the NFL this season have been 0.1 point off of being absolutely perfect throwing at Joe Haden."

He got torched by a rookie playing in his first game last week and tweaked his surgically repaired ankle. Some of ya'll are wearing these blinders and just think cause he was good that he still is. Let's get Mike McKenzie back in here!

82a872c0c10e764e75c4ea730ef1df35.jpg

No.

He has a 13.4M cap charge this year and he has a 10M dead money charge (for a trade) that Cleveland would not want to absorb.

Cleveland Browns Salary Cap - Over the Cap

We don't have the space for him and we don't have any ways of making more space this year.

No. No. And no.

We are not one player away from doing serious damage this year.

Cleveland has shown it is willing to trade anybody for draft picks, but given the compensation it is receiving, it is not giving players away.

And do some of you just hate draft picks? Our first-round pick just might be high this year. The reason that we are struggling and have little depth is that we have been trading away much too often our draft picks.

And to the response that our draft picks have little value because at times we have not drafted well, I would suggest that at times we have drafted well; that acquiring veteran players has not always worked; that no team always hits on draft picks; that because drafting is harder than some think, that's the reason that teams want to have as many picks as possible come draft time; and that salary cap management requires a number of good players playing under their first contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom