Should we call the Browns and (inquire about CB Joe Haden)? (1 Viewer)

You being sarcastic? When did Breaux become God on our Defense? If your defense was dependent on a former Voodoo Arena football player well. Well nevermind. Get well soon Breaux.

Is this a serious question?

Crabtree had 1 catch for 4 yards until Breaux got hurt. He then went on to win the game for them with multiple big plays after Breaux got hurt.

Is this a serious question?

Crabtree had 1 catch for 4 yards until Breaux got hurt. He then went on to win the game for them with multiple big plays after Breaux got hurt.

And Amari Cooper? Crabtree not even the Raiders best player. The kick goes a little more inward and we still win. Anyway it is an AFC team loss. Move on and beat NY. If cutting Spiller was making room for more players than Payton knows it is more than one player to fix this.

You are right. Breaux is a nobody Arena league player who isn't a difference maker. Thanks :9:

Not saying that. We had our chances to win. You could easily say the Brees fumble in the beginning cost us the game. We lost by one point. Give Del Rio credit for gambling.

Can anyone explain why Breaux was on Crabtree in the first place? I went into the game expecting him to cover Cooper.

Can anyone explain why Breaux was on Crabtree in the first place? I went into the game expecting him to cover Cooper.

I would expect it was to completely take an option out of the game. Cooper is going to get his regardless. Put Breaux on Crabtree, take him completely out of the game, and put safety help over the top of Cooper. It worked flawlessly, if you ask me.

The OP should probably qualify where he got this idea from. Not saying it isn't discussion worthy but a quick credit wouldn't hurt. To clarify, I haven't heard anything official about Haden being available.

Playoff contenders could shop for extra help this week and we have ideas - 2016 NFL season

The good news is that the Saints cleared about $12.25 million in cap space with the Drew Brees extension; the bad news is that there's not really anybody to spend it on. They won't go after Lewis. Simon would be a good addition if he falls to them in the waiver process, but again, it's tough to imagine Simon slipping past the likes of Cleveland and San Francisco. The Saints are already down a fifth-round pick, but as a team that's all-in for Brees over the next two seasons, I wonder what the Browns would say if the Saints came calling with a first-round pick for Haden and a mid-round selection. I'm not recommending the Saints make that move, but they've done crazier things.

Hayden, Breaux, Williams>Breaux, Williams, Webb,Crawley/Harris(not the safety). Look folks, like it or not, Brees will not be here too much longer. I say a couple more years after this year. We have to build this team accordingly. Unless we get Luck, Wilson or some other superstar, this team will have to depend on running the ball and playing very good/great defense in order to compete. This offense won't be the same without Drew. Get your corner to pair with Breaux now. I rather get an established corner instead of hoping that a high pick turns out good. Are we one player away from the playoffs? The argument is pretty strong for yes. 250 yards and 13 points before Breaux went out is pretty good. Regardless if Oakland shot themselves in the foot or not. We took advantage of the situation. After he went out? Gobs of yards and 22 points. Now, that is saying if Hayden is available. If not, go for another one. Our first rounders have been lackluster lately for whatever reason. A first for a proven corner sounds good to me.

You being sarcastic? When did Breaux become God on our Defense? If your defense was dependent on a former Voodoo Arena football player............. Well nevermind. Get well soon Breaux.

Are you being serious or just trying to be funny? Did you watch the game? We had a double digit lead when he left and were pretty much controlling the game.

lol more posters on SR who don't know much about football. shocking.

Breaux is arguably the most important player on the Saints not named Brees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom