Should We Draft a RB… N My Case For Breece Hall (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
When AK went down this last season, there’s no doubt we struggled at RB. Havn MI back only helped some, n after a nice preseason n early regular season, TJJ all but disappeared. I think it’s clear we need some help at RB.

From what I’ve seen so far, the 2022 RB group isn’t “great”. Unless a team is targeting one they really like, there may not even be a RB taken in the 1st rd.

That said, overall, the 2022 group is actually pretty good. For example, Walter Football has a group of about 6 RBs he thinks can go between rds 2-4. The class is led by the likes of Robinson from ALA n Spiller from A&M.

But IF he’s available in the 3rd rd, my fav for now would be Breece Hall outta Iowa St. He’s 6’1, 220 lbs. Last year, he ran for 1420 yds, nearly 6ypc, n 20 TDs! For his career, he’s run for nearly 4000 yds n 50 TDs. He’s a very powerful inside runner, but has the speed to bounce outside n get upfield! Most importantly, he had about 30 catches for ova 300 yds this past season!

Here’s his vid:

I think that IF we can retain our vet FAs on D, we could go all O with our first 3-4 picks in da draft. N I’d love for Hall to b one of em!

👍🏾

Alvin Kamara is a playmaker and core part of the franchise. If they want to keep him around, it’s time to move him to WR and bring in a RB or two. I don’t want to wear all the tread off of this guy by over using him in the back field.

Alvin Kamara is a playmaker and core part of the franchise. If they want to keep him around, it’s time to move him to WR and bring in a RB or two. I don’t want to wear all the tread off of this guy by over using him in the back field.
I hear ya!

But I want AK to stay at RB. I jus want his total touches to go back down to around 20 ( 12-14 carries, 6-8 catches) . So draft Hall, who can give us 15-17 carries, 2-3 catches, n most importantly take some of that load n wear off of AK!

Breeze Hall is an excellent player, but I think there’s a bunch of RBs in the draft that would be able to fill the role you are talking about. A bunch.

I never thought of it like that before, but seeing Deebo Samuel do his thing helps me appreciate what you are saying.

Maybe same number of snaps per game, but 60% are in the slot or out wide?

They would need another back that is better than current Ingram or even Murray when we had him.

Breeze Hall is an excellent player, but I think there’s a bunch of RBs in the draft that would be able to fill the role you are talking about. A bunch.
Yep! Like I said, Walter had a “bunch” of RBs who could go between 2-4th rd, n even more if u expand it to the 5th rd.

There are probably some bigger, more physical backs, n smaller quicker, more elusive ones.

But like I said, for now, I like Hall..a lot! I like the nearly 4000 yds n 50 TDs he put up at Iowa St! I like his 6’1”, 220 lb frame. I like his combo of power to run between the tackles, his speed to take it outside n his ability to break off big runs at anytime! And I like his ability as receiver! Lemme find out he can block in pass pro, n he’ll pretty much check ALL the boxes SP is lookin for in a RB!

If you r anybody find another back with dat kind of college production n those similar skill sets, please post em!

I’d appreciate it!

Thanks.

Yep! Like I said, Walter had a “bunch” of RBs who could go between 2-4th rd, n even more if u expand it to the 5th rd.

There are probably some bigger, more physical backs, n smaller quicker, more elusive ones.

But like I said, for now, I like Hall..a lot! I like the nearly 4000 yds n 50 TDs he put up at Iowa St! I like his 6’1”, 220 lb frame. I like his combo of power to run between the tackles, his speed to take it outside n his ability to break off big runs at anytime! And I like his ability as receiver! Lemme find out he can block in pass pro, n he’ll pretty much check ALL the boxes SP is lookin for in a RB!

If you r anybody find another back with dat kind of college production n those similar skill sets, please post em!

I’d appreciate it!

Thanks.
Yeah that’s a lot of impressive stats (production) but a word of warning... you are talking about an Iowa State running back. You need to take those stats with a grain of salt.

That program generates crazy rushing stats most seasons and the players responsible for it are typically great offensive linemen rather than great RBs.

Last edited:
might I also suggest Rachaad White? His similarities to Kamara are striking. He even has that smooth gait where he doesn’t look to be moving all that fast.

I kind of feel like picking a RB with a first round pick is unnecessary these days, unless a team's biggest need is RB and/or may have the luxury of not really NEEDING a specific position filled.

I think Payton's offense runs better when the quarterback is throwing to 6-7 players at the same game. Also when he has a truly "thunder and lightning" combo of running backs to control the game.

Both running backs should be able to protect, to catch the ball and run perfect screens.

I will not talk about Kamara in this post. Ingram can do everything but we should start thinking about the future.

If in later rounds we can find a runner over 230lbs that can handle the power game and perform well in the screen game and protections, I would not mind taking one.

It seems that we have too many needs for us to use a draft pick when we have AK and MI.

I think drafting an RB makes sense in the later rounds (5,6,7) if there's a good option available. It's not a priority and we (and others) have shown that it's possible to get good players late and as UDFA, but I'd like to see it.

I’d like to take a look at James Cook out of UGA. Definitely shares some traits with Kamara and Dalvin Cook. Didn’t get overworked at UGA because their deep RB rotation. No idea where he is projected to get drafted though.

“Sweet” Lew Nichols is really good.

He’s a redshirt Freshman but I think he’s eligible because he had a second redshirt year because of COVID shortened 2020. He’s the guy I’d get. Led college in rushing and very capable receiver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom