Question Should we EXPECT the Saints to win next Sunday against the Jets? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bobby Hebert says that even with all of our injuries there is no reason we should lose to the Jets in New Jersey next Sunday.
Is our team good enough to win that game? If all of our injured/out players are still on the bench, are the Jets actually worse than our backups? Are we expecting some of our banged up starters to be back on the field this weekend? I can't seem to get a feel for what to expect in this upcoming game. :unsure:

Yes, I expect us to win at least one more game. We're favored in this one, so that's a start.

I'm down for whatever, I'm not all the way up w/ what's going on w/ the Jets to say if they're good/bad or just had a couple bad breaks...regardless I just don't think we have it in us to eek one out
Well, they were our only victory back in 1980. And it was a road game for us then too. :scratch:
So there's that. :hihi:

Bobby Hebert says that even with all of our injuries there is no reason we should lose to the Jets in New Jersey next Sunday.
Is our team good enough to win that game? If all of our injured/out players are still on the bench, are the Jets actually worse than our backups? Are we expecting some of our banged up starters to be back on the field this weekend? I can't seem to get a feel for what to expect in this upcoming game. :unsure:
I'm going to agree with Hebert on this. On the other hand, anything is possible. We could get upset by the Jets.

Jets D is dead last in both yards per game and scoring per game.

They are what we need to get right.

Their offense is pretty decent but they have turn over issues. Our defense will be one of the better defenses they have played this season.

We should beat them, but lets not get carried away with ourselves when we do.

We are playing with essentially a strike season offense right now. Expect, no. Should we, maybe. Could we, yes.

The NFL is an odd place the past few years. Injuries across the board are making the league in its entirety tough to watch. But weve been hit by a tsunami in comparison. Honestly, Ive watch a lot of football and teams just dont mail it in like they used to. Injuries week to week give even bad teams a chance, injuries have made 'any given Sunday' even more any given Sunday.. One of the hardest playing football team Ive watched this season is the Lions, and they are 1-10-1. Those guys have been in mostly been in every game and havent mailed it in despite the record. I dont know if Dan Campbell survives what its going to take to rebuild that team, but I have to give him credit for having his team show up. Theyve lost 5 games within 1 possession.

Im more surprised at the -6 than anything else. But again, we are a better team on the road. And the Jets are the Jets.

We are playing with essentially a strike season offense right now. Expect, no. Should we, maybe. Could we, yes.

The NFL is an odd place the past few years. Injuries across the board are making the league in its entirety tough to watch. But weve been hit by a tsunami in comparison. Honestly, Ive watch a lot of football and teams just dont mail it in like they used to. Injuries week to week give even bad teams a chance, injuries have made 'any given Sunday' even more any given Sunday.. One of the hardest playing football team Ive watched this season is the Lions, and they are 1-10-1. Those guys have been in mostly been in every game and havent mailed it in despite the record. I dont know if Dan Campbell survives what its going to take to rebuild that team, but I have to give him credit for having his team show up. Theyve lost 5 games within 1 possession.

Im more surprised at the -6 than anything else. But again, we are a better team on the road. And the Jets are the Jets.
If any team had the right to walk off pouting this year it would have been the Lions. But as you said they have hung in almost every game and had a chance to win several of them. They have played with pride and Campbell still has his team playing hard for him. He certainly hasn't lost that locker room.

The Saints left a lot of points on the board against a much better defense in Hill's first start. I'm expecting a 2020 Falcons type game. It's not going to be close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom