Should we give up next year's first to move up in the draft? (1 Viewer)

Should we trade our 1st rounder to move up?

• Total voters
I honestly feel that we are a good DT away from a serious and deep playoff run so yes I give up the 1st round pick if it gets us Glen Dorsey.

If Orgeron is as good as most people think he is then I sure hope he is evaluating several other DT's instead of falling in love with the " Top Two". He should be able to find that steal of a DT in the 2nd or 3rd round and save the team from giving up additional picks in a trade up.

That move always goes in favor of the team getting the extra 1st (see SF/ NE last yr, BAL/NE for Kyle Boller). Every year, you can always find several players that make it big or at least become good starters out of later rounds. Chances are who ever you trade up for, some other team will find a starter at that spot later in the same draft! Do your homework get good scouts and then LISTEN to them! We should be able to vastly improve our team with the picks we have now. Don't be buttered up by some draft analyst.

Case in point, the experts on the largest sports news web/tv (ESPN) currently talk about how TE Keller's missed time on their Fred Davis report? They don't even edit these guides!!

And guess how tall DRC is on his ESPN write up??? 6'10"! WOW a nearly seven foot tall CB who can run the 40 in 4.4, lets draft him and play him at knockdown Linebacker, he can knock down every pass they try and throw from right behind the DT's!!!!!!!!!

Maybe somebody has said this already and I missed it, but if the Saints move up and take Dorsey, that means the Falcons don't get him. To me that means a lot. The Saints spent a few years eating Warren Sapp's dust, and Dana Stubblefield at SF before that. It would hurt to see Dorsey eating Brees for breakfast the way Albert Hayesworth destroyed the Saints OL in the Titans massacre last season.

The truth is that getting Dorsey is a bit like having two #1s. The first is the #1 we use to pick him and the second is the #1 we take away from the Falcons. The Falcons, not getting Dorsey, will probably go with Matt Ryan. I have a gut feeling Ryan will be OK, but not the dominator Dorsey is going to be.

Don't forget, Atlanta's loss is our gain. That's 2 W's a season.

Maybe somebody has said this already and I missed it, but if the Saints move up and take Dorsey, that means the Falcons don't get him. To me that means a lot. The Saints spent a few years eating Warren Sapp's dust, and Dana Stubblefield at SF before that. It would hurt to see Dorsey eating Brees for breakfast the way Albert Hayesworth destroyed the Saints OL in the Titans massacre last season.

The truth is that getting Dorsey is a bit like having two #1s. The first is the #1 we use to pick him and the second is the #1 we take away from the Falcons. The Falcons, not getting Dorsey, will probably go with Matt Ryan. I have a gut feeling Ryan will be OK, but not the dominator Dorsey is going to be.

Don't forget, Atlanta's loss is our gain. That's 2 W's a season.

VERY good point, but still not worth it to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom