Should We Go After Tyrod Taylor to Groom Behind Brees? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
So the Bills announced that they are not interested in pursuing Tyrod Taylor next year.

I have only seen him a few times. We all know the Bills don't get much national exposure. But whenever I do see the Bills, he seems to be quite talented. Yes - he's a mobile QB, but has a very strong arm and can also throw with touch. Tyrod could make up for a lot of O-line weaknesses and buy time for our deadly WR corp to get open downfield.

He's played for the total defensive minded Rex Ryan. How would he do under Brees and SP teaching for a year or two!

Bonchie likes to bust my ***** about potential replacements I mention for Brees, but I think even he would admit that Taylor is someone we could afford.

EJW - do you follow Tyrod Taylor at all?

Not for it, but not totally against it. All I can say for now is "hmmm". He is a talented quarterback and had put up some good numbers. He will get signed up quick by a team. I believe he can excel in the right situation.

Adam-DeVine-No.-Hard-pass.-Hard-pass.gif

I'd like to see what Matt Moore could do with Sean coaching him. I know he's a little bit of a vet, but I think he can play.

I'm not saying lets go out and get this guy, but I don't think Taylor is the answer either.

Andy Benoit on MMQB says that Taylor's big weakness is that he's not an anticipation thrower. He can throw to open guys, but he's not great at finding the guy who's about to get open.

Does not seem like Payton's kind of QB.

Tyrod is not a guy you bring in to "Groom". He will be highly sought after and go to a place to be the starter or be challenged by a rookie.

Jimmy Garroppolo is kind of qb you bring in to groom and see if he is your guy in 2-3 years.

No to Taylor.

Time to draft a QB. I think Payton will draft one pretty high this year. Even a first rounder wouldn't surprise me. (UGH! There goes my edge rusher!)

I wouldn't be against it, but he's going to get offers from teams desperate for a QB that will push his price beyond what would make sense for us.

I don't now if anyone has ever actually watched this guy, but he's pretty terrible. I bet on a few Bills games early in the year and it was like watching paint dry hoping this guy who finally make a play or look like a competent QB.

There's nothing special there to "groom."

So the Bills announced that they are not interested in pursuing Tyrod Taylor next year.

I have only seen him a few times. We all know the Bills don't get much national exposure. But whenever I do see the Bills, he seems to be quite talented. Yes - he's a mobile QB, but has a very strong arm and can also throw with touch. Tyrod could make up for a lot of O-line weaknesses and buy time for our deadly WR corp to get open downfield.

He's played for the total defensive minded Rex Ryan. How would he do under Brees and SP teaching for a year or two!

Bonchie likes to bust my ***** about potential replacements I mention for Brees, but I think even he would admit that Taylor is someone we could afford.

EJW - do you follow Tyrod Taylor at all?

No :no:

Andy Benoit on MMQB says that Taylor's big weakness is that he's not an anticipation thrower. He can throw to open guys, but he's not great at finding the guy who's about to get open.

Does not seem like Payton's kind of QB.

Thats nobody type of quarterback, he'll get any coach fired at this level.

What's with the threads trying to get starting QBs to come sit and groom as a backup? The guys with starting experience aren't looking to sit and be groomed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom