Should We Keep Peat at LT and move Armstead to RT (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
For some reason, Peat does not play well out of his natural position. He played superb LT monday night and the Falcons came at him hard, heavy, with multiple schemes and he did really well in Prime time. Yes SP gave him help with chips, but often they were attacking Peat with 2 players.

Peat looked like a young 1st round draft pick playing his natural position. Do we consider Armstead at right tackle? or what do we ddo with two top notch young LTs?

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
No thanks!! ... Armstead is best at LT ... Move Peat to RT I would say ... there is a need for a transition from Strief to a new RT ... We need to draft a guard next offseason but we cannot afford drafted a right tackle ...

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
I'd be lying if this thought hasn't occurred to me a few times.

The real thing is Armstead's constantly banged up and missing games. It's hard to rely on him.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Peat gave up a sack, hit, and three hurries at home to a team that had one total sack through the first two games. I wouldn't exactly call that superb.

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'd be lying if this thought hasn't occurred to me a few times.

The real thing is Armstead's constantly banged up and missing games. It's hard to rely on him.
We have signed him to a 5 yr 65 million contract ... we have no choice but to rely on him ...

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Peat gave up a sack, hit, and three hurries at home to a team that had one total sack through the first two games. I wouldn't exactly call that superb.
We threw the ball 54 times.

To only give up 1 sack late (after they started blitzing like crazy) and 3 pressures is pretty superb.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I would call it a decent job. Superb to me would be considered a dominant performance. It's all subjective.

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Peat looked like he was on skates most the time. Had serious balance issues and saw him on the ground a lot. Does not have the balance, coordination, or solid base for LT (yet).

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I thought Peat did a really solid job, considering we threw the ball 15 billion times and he had Freeney coming at him hard, and they were sending an extra rusher to his side pretty often.

Is he Armstead? Of course not. But then again, Armstead is constantly hurt. I'm starting to feel like he (Armstead I mean) is not somebody we can count on to be consistently available.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
To answer the question, since I didn't earlier, no.

Armstead is a top 3 LT. Peat was doing very well at G and when the time comes, he'll get his chance at RT.

But it's nice to have Peat be able to step in at LT and do a decent job. Many teams don't have that ability.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
If anybody wants to look at the positive side of things, if Armstead is this injury-prone, it's nice that we have somebody that we can plug in at left tackle that we know will play pretty well. It sure beats trotting Bryce Harris out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)