Should We Keep Peat at LT and move Armstead to RT (1 Viewer)

Armstead has a significant knee injury, so Peat will be staying at LT at least thru the BYE week and probably beyond. This is a question to ask when everyone on the OL is healthy, which is... Never.

Armstead has a significant knee injury, so Peat will be staying at LT at least thru the BYE week and probably beyond. This is a question to ask when everyone on the OL is healthy, which is... Never.

It's much better than our previous backup Bryce Harris.

Peat didn't play superb. If Peat played that way every single game then he'd give up 16 sacks a season. I don't think Armstead gave up any last season.

Given that there were folks already declaring him a bust before he switched to LG, yeah. I could allow saying he played superbly.

Everything is relative.

Hell, for an undrafted rookie who was beleaguered by lots of big plays given up at Colorado thrust into covering guys like Michael Crabtree or Julio Jones, so is Ken Crawley.

I thought the same thing as the original poster last year. The only position Peat plays decently is LT. It's not like Armstead can walk because he's under contract so why not at least try him at right tackle in the offseason and draft or sign some guards. I'm still sick that we didn't take a chance on Collins from LSU in the 3rd and instead took a QB that's now just a practice squad player.

Can we limit some people to starting one thread per month?

Pure Brilliance is often threatening to the masses. I just don't know where to find brilliance :idunno:

this is a quality football thread. If your #1 draft pick, #13, can only play well the position he's played throughout college, do you waste that draft choice trying to fit a round peg into a square hole or do we try and find a solution to optimize our talent?

You can put your head back in the sand again :mwink: It's all good. I take no offense. Enjoy the season! Who Dat

I don't understand why the Swimmer gets ripped on every time he posts anything. He's a fan like the rest of us with opinions and ideas about the team. Seems like some folks just chime in to say something negative about the guy. There definitely appears to be a clique of posters on this site that think they're the "cool crowd". It's really kind of funny.

The plan was and I still think IS to have Peat play RT . But because we have a void at OG he's playing LG because he is one of the 5 best O lineman we have . Switching side is the hardest changes for an O lineman and up until now we've had him ALL over the line , only place he hasn't played is C . Hopefully next yr we can majorly upgrade the OG position , let AP work nothing but RT and not flip flop him around and he can unseat ZS

For some reason, Peat does not play well out of his natural position. He played superb LT monday night and the Falcons came at him hard, heavy, with multiple schemes and he did really well in Prime time. Yes SP gave him help with chips, but often they were attacking Peat with 2 players.

Peat looked like a young 1st round draft pick playing his natural position. Do we consider Armstead at right tackle? or what do we ddo with two top notch young LTs?

Let Peat fill in at LT, then slide him back to LG. As numerous players have said it is very difficult to change how to play the game when you flip sides, it's much easier to slide into guard. When it comes time to replace Our RT, let Peat have the whole offseason to learn it, don't flip him to every position every practice/every preseason game. He isn't a bad player and Armstead is one of the best LTs in the league who is fighting a knee injury, and playing through it the best he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad is the injury does anyone know ?

Let Peat fill in at LT, then slide him back to LG. As numerous players have said it is very difficult to change how to play the game when you flip sides, it's much easier to slide into guard. When it comes time to replace Our RT, let Peat have the whole offseason to learn it, don't flip him to every position every practice/every preseason game. He isn't a bad player and Armstead is one of the best LTs in the league who is fighting a knee injury, and playing through it the best he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Dave I think I just said the same thing , glad someone else sees that way

Don't know but I heard more than 1 talking head call it a "significant knee injury"

Appears to be a chronic injury if it's the same knee , not the position on the field for a oft injured player

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom