Should We Keep Peat at LT and move Armstead to RT (1 Viewer)

Since Peat didn't get killed at LT, maybe he should play a while. Take the opportunity to get Armstead fully healthy. No half measures this time.

Given that there were folks already declaring him a bust before he switched to LG, yeah. I could allow saying he played superbly.

Everything is relative.

Hell, for an undrafted rookie who was beleaguered by lots of big plays given up at Colorado thrust into covering guys like Michael Crabtree or Julio Jones, so is Ken Crawley.

Crawley is playing very good considering.

Half of the Falcons sacks by defensive linemen on the season came against Peat.

Crawley is playing very good considering.

Half of the Falcons sacks by defensive linemen on the season came against Peat.

Crawley stinks at tackling but otherwise appears to be a solid coverage player.

I've seen Peat get defended by the likes of Bonchie and several others but open up Holders article and Peat was the lowest graded olineman. How much stock you put into PFF depends on what point you are trying to prove. If its a negative one...its PFF and they aren't gospel. If its a positive thing...it's pff and its a great starting point.

Eyeball test says peat was merely OK and to me had a very similar game to Coby Fleener. The Falcons have had a non existant passrush all but against us so Peat not giving up a bunch of sacks makes him look better than he really was despite giving up pressures/sacks against a wack unit.

Likewise Fleener catching 7 passes on roughly 13 targets and a TD where two of his bigger plays were by design/safety cheating its hard for him not to have gotten 100 yards.

They were both mediocre at best but are getting trumped up because they "survived" and weren't the biggest problems.

For some reason, Peat does not play well out of his natural position. He played superb LT monday night and the Falcons came at him hard, heavy, with multiple schemes and he did really well in Prime time. Yes SP gave him help with chips, but often they were attacking Peat with 2 players.

Peat looked like a young 1st round draft pick playing his natural position. Do we consider Armstead at right tackle? or what do we ddo with two top notch young LTs?

It's been said, but according to those that "grade" our games or review our film, Peat did not play well on Monday Night.

That can be subjective, but I think it's extremely premature to be lauding him as the answer at LT.

Pure Brilliance is often threatening to the masses. I just don't know where to find brilliance :idunno:

this is a quality football thread. If your #1 draft pick, #13, can only play well the position he's played throughout college, do you waste that draft choice trying to fit a round peg into a square hole or do we try and find a solution to optimize our talent?

You can put your head back in the sand again :mwink: It's all good. I take no offense. Enjoy the season! Who Dat

OK, Socrates. (pronounce it like Bill and Ted... So-Crates)

Yeah, I'd do it--at this point in the season you should develop talent. If Armstead could man the RT, we'd be able to let PEAT work at his "natural" position. If not--keep Peat at guard and don't move him. Why not try it? Brees is scrambling for his life anyway.

here's the issue though--Strief is our highest rated lineman, so benching him for an experiment would be bad form and might get Brees killed.

Crawley stinks at tackling but otherwise appears to be a solid coverage player.

I've seen Peat get defended by the likes of Bonchie and several others but open up Holders article and Peat was the lowest graded olineman. How much stock you put into PFF depends on what point you are trying to prove. If its a negative one...its PFF and they aren't gospel. If its a positive thing...it's pff and its a great starting point.

Eyeball test says peat was merely OK and to me had a very similar game to Coby Fleener. The Falcons have had a non existant passrush all but against us so Peat not giving up a bunch of sacks makes him look better than he really was despite giving up pressures/sacks against a wack unit.

Likewise Fleener catching 7 passes on roughly 13 targets and a TD where two of his bigger plays were by design/safety cheating its hard for him not to have gotten 100 yards.

They were both mediocre at best but are getting trumped up because they "survived" and weren't the biggest problems.

I'm not seeing it with either one of them either. Peat gets himself in trouble when he gets overextended which causes him to lose balance. I don't know if it is a mental thing with him or a lack of strength. Fleener looks so uncomfortable in our offense. Nothing looks smooth with him. He fights the ball when trying to make the catch. I think we overestimated his athleticism. He is a good athlete but not in the same league as Jimmy but being paid in the same league as Jimmy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom