Should we merge the mass shooting threads? (2 Viewers)

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No. Because we as a society should be forced to navigate around them each as a separate issue. To consciously choose to ignore their uncomfortableness to go back to discussing "important issues". To fully acknowledge that we may say we care, and want others to think we care, but we really don't because, "oh well. Wasn't me!"

So they stay.

OP
OP
dtc

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No. Because we as a society should be forced to navigate around them each as a separate issue. To consciously choose to ignore their uncomfortableness to go back to discussing "important issues". To fully acknowledge that we may say we care, and want others to think we care, but we really don't because, "oh well. Wasn't me!"

So they stay.
So do we just cut and past all our ideas and thoughts and prayers in each of the threads?

What if there's another one today and we have 4? Should we just make an emoji for our thoughts and prayers? Or, can one of the tech guys make a copy feature?

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No.. But I do want to say.. I think El Paso will make something happen... I am predicting an Age increase on the purchase of AR15 style of guns...

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me, it would be easier if it were all one thread. All of my posts are original and I haven't done any copy/pasting.

That said, I've found myself losing track of what I've said in a given thread and I've probably made a few redundant posts. All three shooting deserve attention, but the three extensive discussions at the same time are hard to follow.

I'm down with whatever though. Just my observations.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s a real gut punch this question even has to be asked. It’s miserable we have a section of the country who won’t rise above this because “they’re gonna take our guns!” (“They” aren’t)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think El Paso will force Trump's hand.
I hope you're right, but he's going to have to push Congress to act if he wants any movement on the gun issue. I don't see that happening before 2020 with McConnell controlling the agenda in the Senate.

It sucks, but until the Senate has a change in leadership, I'm not sure anything gun related will be allowed to see the light of day on the Senate floor.

Even if the Senate passes it, Trump will have to actually sign any bill that comes across his desk, which isn't a given. Time will tell I guess.

Zardnok

Zardnokalicious!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think El Paso will force Trump's hand.
El Paso changes nothing. The NRA has bought and paid for Trump and McConnell and all of the other thinking prayers. They will hunker down, continue with their TP mantra and America will move on in a few days. It is the sad reality of the modern situation. Our politicians are bought and paid for. They sold out the interests of America a long time ago. They drape themselves in the flag and talk all lovey dovey about the constitution while they bend over and use it to wipe their arse with.

Reaction score
El Paso changes nothing. The NRA has bought and paid for Trump and McConnell and all of the other thinking prayers. They will hunker down, continue with their TP mantra and America will move on in a few days. It is the sad reality of the modern situation. Our politicians are bought and paid for. They sold out the interests of America a long time ago. They drape themselves in the flag and talk all lovey dovey about the constitution while they bend over and use it to wipe their arse with.
I don't buy that. There are good candidates but for some reason we just keep electing the terrible ones.

We've no one to blame but ourselves.

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think they should stay as seperate threads.

Having THREE treads on the top all about different mass shootings litterally hours appart underline just how mad the world has become

nolaspe

Bury me in smoke...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
gop blood on hands.jpgEBE1Hy6WkAArQg-.jpgspineless congress.jpggop worship guns.jpgusa.jpg

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NO! People need to recognize the problem this shirt is and stop trying to brush it aside like it is some inconvenience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom