Should we (or would we) be interested in bringing Joe Horn back? (1 Viewer)

No way. He burned his bridge with Payton, and he is no longer productive. I appreciate his candor and what he did during his time here, but he is a "me" player like TO and Randy Moss, without their talent. Ride off into the sunset, Joe.

I agree. Horn blew (no pun intented) any chance of re-joining the Saints with his comments during last season.

This past season was a total bust for Horn in Atl. and it looks like the Turds may cut him loose. I know he's old and past his prime, but he knows this offense, and may be closer to the player he was with us if he has Drew Brees as his QB. Should we take a look if he's available?... Would the fans even take him back?

Not just no....but HELL NO!!! I dont want that cancer back on our team.

No.

Joe's best days are way behind him at this point. He certainly isn't a #1 WR on anyteam and there are way better choices for a #3 or #4 WR. So without regard of how he left here and the mouth that comes with him from a pure football on the field perspective he is not worthy of a roster spot.

Not only has Joe past his prime by a long shot, he would never be welcomed back here by Payton after this past season.

I'm not big on all the criticism of Horn. He is what he is and no one should have been surprised that he would be unhappy to be so unceremoneously dumped. He has a big ego, and these things happen. But he was also a key part of one of the better eras in Saints history and he was a warrior on the field.

That said, he burned his bridges to the point that he could never be invited back here, which is a shame, but was his doing.

Remember after the last Saints/Falcons game Sean Payton asking that message be delivered to the Falcons locker room to Joe Horn? I believe it was simply a comparison of David Patten's salary and production in that game to Horn's salary and production. Still think there's any chance Payton would take him back?

I don't know. While we're at it, we could bring back Hoby Brenner, Dalton Hilliard, and Eric Allen.

Or we could just re-sign David Patten, someone who was certainly better than Horn last season. I love Joe Horn, but folks, let's learn not to live in the past, shall we? It reeks of desperation.

why does anyone want david patten to resign?? i'd like to see him back next season...i think he still has some left in the tank

I think they meant RE-SIGN...no resign.

I like Joe signing the one day contract and retiring a Saint, but Patten is the better vet to have with this young WR crew.

Somehow, if this past year humbled him, and if he was truly content to be a role player on the team, I'd bring him back. If he made it through training camp being seen and not heard, I wouldn't complain.

humble... he made sure to stick it to Payton and the Saints when he had his best shot with those "genius" remarks... right after the double reverse that ended the Tampa game. That followed by Sean making sure that Patten had a career day against the Falcons and Payton pointing out the fact that we were better without Joe than with him.

I can't fathom a scenario whereby those two could ever reconcile... maybe Joe can make a public apology and will play for league minimum on ST's and mow Sean's yard for a year... outside of that... well you know

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom