Should we trade for Fitzpatrick? (1 Viewer)

Saints318

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He's a Harvard guy that could learn our entire offense very quickly. It would put him in the best offense he's ever been in. He's put up great stats before and can get on a hot streak.

The Dolphins would likely take some Popeye's sammiches for him at this point.

He can get on a hot streak really fast and go cold really quick. Remember last year?

Why not get Rosen?

Sadly... I can see Dolphin calling us to trade away more players from their team.

It really doesn't matter. Might as well find another running back and just run the wishbone.

Maybe go get Buttfumble and run a meme offense the rest of the year. Whatever that was we just witnessed is on the same level as any poor suggestion we come up with.

He can get on a hot streak really fast and go cold really quick. Remember last year?
But that's the bucs. Right?
He's exactly what they want at that position. What would you honestly be willing to give up to acquire him?
A 5th in a heartbeat. A 4th possibly. You could even get into trading picks since you know they'll have the first pick of every round.

He's exactly what they want at that position.
But their first choice was Bridgewater! It now appears that the Dolphins' plan all along was to tank away the season, and there top choice to help them do that was non-other than Teddy Bridgewater, Yikes!

Start Taysom.

I would try to trade Bridgewater for Fitzpatrick now and ask for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick in return. Then I would start Taysom Hill at QB with Fitz backing up until Brees returns.
When Brees returns Fitz allows Hill to go into that Jack of all trades role again.
IMO Hill is one of those QBs that is a gamer and is able to take his game to another level then he does practice due to his skill set.

The Dolphins do it because they have no use for Fitz anymore. It gives them Teddy Bridgewater who is a young QB with lots of potential that they already had interest in this offseason before he signed with us. Gives them some competition with Rosen to see who is the best guy. If it fails they take a top QB from the 2020 draft while either letting Teddy walk or resigning him as a backup/mentor to the rookie. They have and are continuing to acquire lots of picks trying to find their QB is important. I think his time with Brees and Payton has made him even more valuable.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom