Should we trade for Gareon Conley (1 Viewer)

Why not ? I would send them a 5th rounder for them. No rhyme or reason why a 5th rounder. Maybe send a 6th or 7th....I like Conley and think he would do well here playing with his old teammate. I think he would actually be better in the long run over Crawley and PJ...

Why not ? I would send them a 5th rounder for them. No rhyme or reason why a 5th rounder. Maybe send a 6th or 7th....I like Conley and think he would do well here playing with his old teammate. I think he would actually be better in the long run over Crawley and PJ...
Why would the Raiders trade a player they drafted in the first round last year for anything other then a first?

Conley might be a guy I grab after he's cut, but I'm not going to offer up assets for him. He is young and gifted athletically, but I'm not sold that his football instincts are there. He also had accusations of rape going into the draft. While I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt, I'm not sure the Saints will after Darren Sharper.

Now, if the Raiders want to deal Amari Cooper...

Conley might be a guy I grab after he's cut, but I'm not going to offer up assets for him. He is young and gifted athletically, but I'm not sold that his football instincts are there. He also had accusations of rape going into the draft. While I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt, I'm not sure the Saints will after Darren Sharper.

Now, if the Raiders want to deal Amari Cooper...
This is basically his rookie season I believe he was hurt most of last year. I’d give up a 5th for him. He has the upside

Conley hardly plays on a busted down secondary. These things should tell you he’s garbage!!
Have you seen the Raiders this year, both with their personnel moves and their play on the field?

That's like saying Khalil Mack is trash because they traded him.

Have you seen the Raiders this year, both with their personnel moves and their play on the field?

That's like saying Khalil Mack is trash because they traded him.
No it’s not!! If Mack were on this team and playing an awful 19 snaps a game then it would be just like you said. Oh btw, I live 30 minutes away from Oak and SF, I watch every snap. Usually delayed because I want to watch the good teams live. Conley is trash bro

No it’s not!! If Mack were on this team and playing an awful 19 snaps a game then it would be just like you said. Oh btw, I live 30 minutes away from Oak and SF, I watch every snap. Usually delayed because I want to watch the good teams live. Conley is trash bro
I'm not saying that he is or isn't trash, or that he should or shouldn't be a Saint....merely that using any logic coming out of Oakland to determine if a player is any good or not is kind of a fool's errand given the current management over there....

Why would the Raiders trade a player they drafted in the first round last year for anything other then a first?
Because Gruden is cleaning house and getting whatever he can for guys. He wants them gone so he can build his own team. He's going to have to take less than their original draft position - especially in a case like this where the player hasn't lived up to their draft status - when you're openly advertising trading every single star on your team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom