Should we try to trade back for Malcolm Brown? (1 Viewer)

MSUSaint

Veteran
Reaction score
I know, I know we traded him away for a seventh but with the cap room we have now, and maybe a little bit more with a couple of player restructurings, should we try and offer a 6th or 7th to try to get him back?

The team that traded for him did it because they needed him. They won't trade him back, and if they decide to do so... it'll more than likely take more than what we got for him.

They'll do better to try to get a guy like Snacks Harrison (is he still available?).

Maybe we can just pretend it never happened.

b2d841422b38b48b471a73c8623f8eb9

Wish we’d have kept him, perhaps we would have if we knew about Onyemata.

Maybe some cheap help here…

Different position entirely and you never trade back for a player. Hopefully our NT is on the roster. Now we need to consider 3 tech consolidation prizes.

I thought I read on here we were ok on defense despite losing half that side of the ball.

Brown and Jenkins were HUGE losses.
Dunno who said it or why, but IMO, Jenkins was easily our biggest vet FA loss on D ( maybe the biggest on the ENTIRE team!). He was the best, most consistent #2 CB we’ve had in YEARS!

Brown was a solid,big bodied run stuffer for us. But he was a rotational player, n only logged about 25-27 snaps a game. We’ve got a lot of young DTs goin into TC, n they’ll have the opportunity to compete for the job.

I still don't understand why we didn't draft a NT. I thought it was a need when Brown left.

We likely won't have Shon at the beginning of the season, either. This is not the season to overspend on anyone. We aren't exactly 1 player away.

Nope, we are not one play away. We are several players away. And that assumes no more suspensions and good health. On offense, we need desperately another receiver. We have only two weapons on offense--Kamara and Thomas. Everyone else is a plug-in player, not a quality starter (though like everyone else, I would love to see Trautman emerge).

On defense, the ship is taking on water. We need help at all three levels. And if Lattimore misses time, it will get ugly quickly. I will predict--I think I can do so safely--that six months from now there will be little chatter about Dennis Allen getting interviews for a head-coach job.

I still don't understand why we didn't draft a NT. I thought it was a need when Brown left.
I think so as well.
But it appears the front office believes in Malcom Roach/ Shy Tuttle. We'll just have to see. What we need is a 3tech for the first 6 games at least

I know, I know we traded him away for a seventh but with the cap room we have now, and maybe a little bit more with a couple of player restructurings, should we try and offer a 6th or 7th to try to get him back?
I'm certain that there are more players than him who we wish, in hindsight, that we kept from last year. I do hope that we make it to the second round (looks bleaker with each passing day/failed drug test/arrest, fill in the blank). The big wig who let JJ walk wakes up each morning and promptly kicks himself in the butt, I'm sure. Just wait until those out routes start raining like beads on our heads in a few months.

It's time like this when I like to go find the Shy Tuttle interception of Matt Ryan on YouTube.... The German version of course

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom