Should we try to trade Drew now? (1 Viewer)

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This looks more like a rebuilding year. If we can find a trading partner, I think we should trade him for the right price.

Reaction score
You don't trade a local hero mid season. You let him finish the season as a Saint, then let him ride off into the sunset (to a different team). You don't resign him after the season. I love Payton and Brees...they'll always be close to my heart...but it's time for change.

Wheelo

I <3 Saints
Reaction score
You don't trade a local hero mid season. You let him finish the season as a Saint, then let him ride off into the sunset (to a different team). You don't resign him after the season. I love Payton and Brees...they'll always be close to my heart...but it's time for change.

After a preseason game? Like what have you seen from 6 offensive possessions that we're done with Brees and Payton?

OP
NewOrleansFan

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I thought about this as well but Archie was trade and Morten was released. Trading Drew is a better option for this team at this point.

the bank

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

There is a reason why you are on my ignore list, smh

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What would you get for him that will make that much of a difference that would make up for him being gone

OP
NewOrleansFan

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What would you get for him that will make that much of a difference that would make up for him being gone

I would think we can get a pretty high draft pick + a player or multiple high draft picks. I would rather multiple high draft picks though. How about you, how far do you think he can carry this team for this year. And how about next year, what kind of contract will it be? Are we going to tag him or will he be a free agent?

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

I can see where he's coming from now. If the team doesn't show dramatic improvement by the end of the season, it's likely Brees pulls a Manning and tries for one more title with a contender for his last contract.

If they can get something for him now, it would be better than being left with nothing next year; although I don't see why any team would give anything under the assumption they can just sign him next year.

Rudy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
You can't be serious. This is a joke right.

OP
NewOrleansFan

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can see where he's coming from now. If the team doesn't show dramatic improvement by the end of the season, it's likely Brees pulls a Manning and tries for one more title with a contender for his last contract.

If they can get something for him now, it would be better than being left with nothing next year; although I don't see why any team would give anything under the assumption they can just sign him next year.

I can see Denver listening if we are willing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom