Should we try to trade Drew now? (1 Viewer)

If God forbid Brees gets knocked out for the season, and if it's not a career-ending injury, does anyone think the front office would have leverage in negotiating a new contract if they still want Brees? Or do most think Brees will not want to play for the Saints?

Drew Brees is a celebrity in New Orleans to the extent that, if we has him and a team of high schoolers that lost by 50 every game it would be ok. This team will never get where it wants to go with one player consuming 20% of the salary cap and the scraps spread among a bunch of UFDA's and a few lousy forst rounders, save for Cam Jordan. Just sit back and enjoy this 6 win team as it won't get any better than this for the next few years.

While your post is 100% wrong, it still is crazy to look at this list for cap hits this year

Salary Rankings | Spotrac

If that happened, he would still come back here to us and retire a Saint, I guarantee it. It's going to be tough watching the offense sputter, sacks and all the things we saw the past two seasons...looking like this line is worse. Then watch Cam Newton and his freaking brother, Jameis Winston, throw for 4-5K yards, run for 1K yards and put up 30-40 TDs each.

Very hard to watch that, and we still trying to create a 5 Mississippi pocket, so that Brees can throw the ball.

To be fair, drew has a very quick release, he reads defenses quickly and generally makes quick decisions. He doesn't need your 5 Mississippi. But then, you know I don't agree with you about the mobile QBs being necessary because I don't think the game is evolving like you do.

Did you see any of Cam's third preseason game, Shiz? I watched a bit, because the Saints game wasn't on tv for me. The bits I watched, their offense wasn't getting anything done. I didn't look up the final stats, because I don't care that much, so I could stand corrected if someone else paid more attention. But what I saw, Cam's inaccuracy was back in full force. We'll see how Cam does this year.

To be fair, drew has a very quick release, he reads defenses quickly and generally makes quick decisions. He doesn't need your 5 Mississippi. But then, you know I don't agree with you about the mobile QBs being necessary because I don't think the game is evolving like you do.

Did you see any of Cam's third preseason game, Shiz? I watched a bit, because the Saints game wasn't on tv for me. The bits I watched, their offense wasn't getting anything done. I didn't look up the final stats, because I don't care that much, so I could stand corrected if someone else paid more attention. But what I saw, Cam's inaccuracy was back in full force. We'll see how Cam does this year.

Saw it, and thank goodness on that, bc we need them to go down. They have taken over our NFC South...but mentioning Cam and Jameis was just to acknowledge that we have to do some things differently. The best of all worlds for us is to get Brees moving more. He started getting rid of the ball more quickly, and on the boot, last year...end of the year. But, I want Drew away from the line more. He is under center probably more than any QB in the league, and when our guys get pushed back...most often it's right on Drew.

The league is changing. Defenses are going to be getting stronger every year, bc of college ball. We need to start putting Drew more back there in shotgun formation, so that he can assess things quickly, without having pressure on his ankles right when the ball is snapped.

We either adapt or continue to be sub .500

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom