Shoulda woulda coulda!!! (1 Viewer)

I love the fact that they don't even seem to remember the heart breaking losses and playoff elimination they have caused the Saints... All of a sudden when they actually lose a game like this to New Orleans they get butt-hurt about it.

The reason Favre didn't run was because at that moment he was so beaten up, his body would have never allowed it. We pummeld him and he was agonizing to get rid of that ball and get the game over with.
That's the beauty of Greg William's scheme for that game -- "remember me shots"
Favre "remembered" and chose not to run.

It's revisionist history for him to say he could have run. He wanted no part of the contact we were dishing out. That doesn't make him weak. It makes him human.

Int...OT...FG...we win.

The plan worked.
Move on Vikes.

The reason Favre didn't run was because at that moment he was so beaten up, his body would have never allowed it. We pummeld him and he was agonizing to get rid of that ball and get the game over with.
That's the beauty of Greg William's scheme for that game -- "remember me shots"
Favre "remembered" and chose not to run.

It's revisionist history for him to say he could have run. He wanted no part of the contact we were dishing out. That doesn't make him weak. It makes him human.

Int...OT...FG...we win.

The plan worked.
Move on Vikes.
That's right!! I thought the same thing. His ankle was tore up. He couldn't of ran, he would have got another "remember me shot" from someone. He should have never been in the game, as bad as he was tore up.

I still get joy from watching that play over and over and over again.

That was not Detroit, man, that was the Super Bowl. Do you think he even pondered passing this time?

Its not that i feel we got out played, its just if PT fumbles, or if Brett runs or hits Berrian, or if they dont have twelve men, or if GH misses the kick. I just had so much anxiety in that game(i almost passed out) that i have residual stress haha

It's like my dad used to tell me, "If if was a skiff, we could go fishing". You can if all you want, but in the end, none of that happened. End of story.

Last season was a magical juxtaposition of many things, a perfect storm of events for the Vikings. Brett Favre was out of his mind playing ridiculously good football, their defense was killer, AP was a beast, Rice & Harvin were doing their thing.

But you just had this feeling that like the aligning of planets, it was a fleeting thing. Their realistic window of opportunity of winning a championship was last year and has definitively closed now. You KNEW Brett Favre wasn't gonna have the magical season he had last year again for this one.

And the Vikings fans know it too, which makes last year's NFCCG much more painful to bear. But they did NOT outplay us in that game and I'm kinda tired of hearing that. Turnovers are a part of football, we got them when we needed to and they didn't. If they were so great, why after Reggie fumbled the punt near our 10 could they not score? Why did they fumble the ball RIGHT back to us about 2 plays later? If they were so great, they would've scored yet they didn't. And they didn't because our defense stepped up and took the ball away.

Wow, what timing. I mean, this is something he could've said in the offseason. Why now?

Occam's razor: No one was paying attention to Brett Favre, so he had to do/say something.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT] Because they asked now.

"On Wednesday, Favre was asked if he could have scrambled against the Saints or if he was hurting too much to take off."

If you rewatch the America's Game, during the NFC Championship segment, Payton says on the sidelines something to the effect of " If we keep hitting this guy he's gonna make a mistake."

They did and he did.

Paul Allen Last Year: This is not Detroit man.

Paul Allen This Year: I guess this is Detroit man.

The Vikings played well in that game for sure.

But if you go back and watch it, the Saints responded to everything they did until late in the 3rd quarter. It was a tight game and the Saints were not "outplayed". The Vikings really only got rolling when Favre started throwing to Shancoe (the covering the TE thing needs to get buttoned up for the Saints).

From there, everytime they threatened to separate, the Saints got a turnover.

That was a hard fought game that in no way the Saints should feel they "got away with". They proved a couple weeks later that they belonged in the Championship.

Abso-freaking-lutely! At the end of the Dallas game, I'm screaming "Can somebody please cover Whitten?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom