Shoulder pain rotator tear (1 Viewer)

I have shoulder issues too from a accident I got into several years ago. I usually get the pain when the weather changes. I have not gotten any surgeries or MRI on the shoulder but was advised by a doctor to ice it, and take advil for pain. Also got several shoulder exercises that seem to work.

So after 5 or so visits to my chiropractor, my should is SLOWLY improving -- I still don't feel comfortable lifting weight, which I really want to start doing, but I just don't want to push it.

The chiropractor says that I was definitely out of alignment and that it's likely I had some "soft tissue" damage, which sounds like a tear and that it is slowly healing.

I am using heat...which seems to help and endomethacin.

I don't want to have surgery. A few years ago, I had a bursectomy and ended up with a MRSA staff infection.

Soft tissue damage is definitely a tear....how severe can only be determined by an MRI...I canunderstand your not wanting to have surgery...but let me give you a piece of solid advice...get it done now while the injury is fresh...here's what's happening to your shoulder by letting it heal on it's own...it's called scar tissue....and the longer you delay and go the heal on it's own route...you take the risk of not being able to have surgery down the line should you re-injure it...and you mentioned that you like working out....well...there's your risk factor right there...I had to stop playing golf when I injure mine...I couldn't swing a golf club without pain....and Advil only mask the pain...nothing worse than getting old and having that old war injury bother you for the rest of your life...and it only get's worse as you get older....trust me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom