Shoulder replacement surgery (1 Viewer)

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Reaction score
Found out recently, and had it confirmed on a 2nd opinion, that I'm going to have my shoulder rebuilt. I'm scheduled for shoulder replacement surgery on Oct 25th. Have any of you gone through this before? I've asked all the questions I could think of to the doctor, but I was wanting to hear from some of you if you've had it done before.

I'll spare posting YouTube videos of it. I'm confident it won't be fun, but I hope it'll be worth it after a couple of months. The constant pain in the shoulder from severe arthritis has worn out its welcome.

My father in law needs it but isn’t a candidate for surgery as he is diabetic and someone who has no desire to do a miserable rehab. So my thoughts are with you.

Wishing you all the best Tony.
And I wish I could be of some help but I’ve not had that procedure.

Last edited:
So, I had my surgery yesterday. Thanks to a nerve block, there's been very little pain. Idoesn't the night in the hospital last night. I was doing great until they discharged me. While waiting for the wheelchair ride out, my BP bottomed out twice. They have yet to figure out why. Im pretty anxious about everything now

So, I had my surgery yesterday. Thanks to a nerve block, there's been very little pain. Idoesn't the night in the hospital last night. I was doing great until they discharged me. While waiting for the wheelchair ride out, my BP bottomed out twice. They have yet to figure out why. Im pretty anxious about everything now

Tony keep your head up. You’re in my prayers and I’m wishing you well thru this time. You’re gonna get thru! I’m always here if you wanna PM. Been down a road myself lately. I can empathize. Stay strong brother.

My BP has been stable since lunch. The medical team has done several tests and have taken blood. Everything is coming back fine, but they have no explanation about my BP. The pain tonight ia about a 7 down from a solid 10 earlier this evening. Thanks for rhe prayers, guys. I greatly appreciate them

i had it done 7-8 years ago. You will be in a sling for roughly 12 weeks, maybe longer. I couild only sleep in a lazy boy and it was miserable going to the bathroom. Is it your dominant shoulder? I had my right should done and had to wear either slippers or velcro tie shoes as I could do nothing with my left hand.

Are you living with anyone? The first week or two you will be helpless as a baby and tell time as well. All in all it was a very helpful surgery. It is looking like my left shoulder will need done too but I just don't want to spend the time laid up.

@baarbogast it is my right, dominant shoulder. pain today is about a5 or 6. I had another spell last night where my BP bottomed out again. My surgeon said 6 weeks in a sling at least. Im definitely having to rely on my wife for help and in my 16 year old son

I hope they have patience because you will test it whether you want to or not, The meds I was on would knock me out and I never knew if it was day or night. In effect I was basically an overgrown newborn.

I would ask your family to leave you snacks or sandwiches so you have something to eat while they're gone or asleep. As odd as it sounds, your wife may have to wash your hair. I know when I was laid up, I tried not to be a pain but I'm sure I was.

I hope they have patience because you will test it whether you want to or not, The meds I was on would knock me out and I never knew if it was day or night. In effect I was basically an overgrown newborn.

I would ask your family to leave you snacks or sandwiches so you have something to eat while they're gone or asleep. As odd as it sounds, your wife may have to wash your hair. I know when I was laid up, I tried not to be a pain but I'm sure I was.

First part of this I can vouch for. I’ve tried my wife’s patience I’m sure even though I’m trying my best not to.

My wife is approaching saint status. Her father is in a different hospital here in Jackson and is on his deathbed. She's something time been the two of us. I was afraid his health would turn south while I was going through this. Unfortunately, that is exactly what has happened. She's bringing food, snacks, and beverages between her coming and going. Thankfully I haven't had any setbacks today, so hopefully I'll get to leave tomorrow. It's very hard when I want to give her a hug but the mere thought makes cringe in pain. If yall are the praying kind, please say a prayer for her. She definitely needs it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom