Shouldn't we go OT in the 1st round? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Drew was on his back and being pressured the whole season. A reason for so many of his interceptions. I say we either take Eric fisher if he's there, or Lane Johnson. One player isn't going to change this defense. Saints HAVE to protect Drew.

fisher.jpg

20406820_BG1.jpg

The best OTs Joeckel and Fisher will be gone by pick 15 anyone else is a reach IMO.

I hope not. Lord knows we need a young stud OT. Strief and Bushrod were on skates for most of the year

I know, and since Goodell is so adamant on taking our second rounder away now...I think we will trade back the the later part of the 1st to get some additional picks. IF he is on the board ~25th, we have to take him (Johnson). The other two will be gone after the seventh overall pick.

Brees was one of the least sacked and hurried QBs last year. He was sacked half as much as Rodgers. He threw those INTs because he was constantly trying to force the big plays.

2 reasons why the saints have one o the best Olines in the league are that our scouts are great at finding value in later rounds o the draft and Drew has phenomenal pocket awareness.

If Bushrod even makes it to the open market, our first round pick should be on defense. I'll give up 10-20 more sacks on Brees if it gets us 10 more turnovers on defense.

Rodgers has 51 sacks and his team gets to the playoffs because his defense is great at forcing turnovers.

What we do in draft depends on what we can achieve in free agency with a very limited cap.
We might be able to get a decent LT in FA if we lose bushrod. I believe someone will greatly overpay him.
I keep hearing people say DT but i think we have a decent front 3 for running a 3/4.
We have LBer caple of starting in a 3/4 but might to draft a elite pass rush OLB.
Biggest need is secondary for the defense.

On offense we need alot of help on o-line. Taking into consideration we will probably loss bushrod to FA and the fact that brown has yet to develope into a starter. Also Center play is severely lacking.
If we do not go OT in the first round we will probably go best defense player available in one othe the need positions( CB, Safety, OLB)

What we do in draft depends on what we can achieve in free agency with a very limited cap.
We might be able to get a decent LT in FA if we lose bushrod. I believe someone will greatly overpay him.
I keep hearing people say DT but i think we have a decent front 3 for running a 3/4.
We have LBer caple of starting in a 3/4 but might to draft a elite pass rush OLB.
Biggest need is secondary for the defense.

On offense we need alot of help on o-line. Taking into consideration we will probably loss bushrod to FA and the fact that brown has yet to develope into a starter. Also Center play is severely lacking.
If we do not go OT in the first round we will probably go best defense player available in one othe the need positions( CB, Safety, OLB)

Mediocre secondaries can become great with an elite pass rush. The Saints haven't had a good pass rush since 2009. The reason they are moving to a 3-4 is to get that extra pressure on the QB. The saints don't have enough good LBs to fill out a 4-3 roster they certainly don't have enough to handle a 3-4. A top pass rushing LB is top priority in the draft.

I agree we need a stud OLB also, but protecting our 100 Million dollar QB is top priority here.

19 interceptions. Gotta keep drew clean in the pocket

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom