Shout out to Dennis Allen and the defense (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After being put in bad positions by the offense they only gave up 23 points. We always say that if our defense can hold teams to around 20 we like our chances.

Our most consistent side of the ball is failing us with bad turnovers, and now we can't block for kicks.

We got a week and a half to get out **** together.

Allen, Glenn, and yes, Johnson, Vitt, and Willis are the only coaches who look like they do more than show up to collect a check. Major props to all of them.

Defense is balling out despite being put in impossible situations. Just wish we could win one game where the defense is playing this well, and the offense is clicking. A nice, relaxing, 40 burger blowout win.

exceptional effort by a makeshift defensive backfield

pass rush and just enough good coverage is working like we hoped for earlier this season

far cry from what Cam did to us the first time around in the dome

For the first Quarter our Defense played amazing. The rest of the game they still played well and I was impressed by our no name CB's stepping up to make some great plays. I'm really impress with Craig Robertson, dude stayed step for step with Ginn and had pretty good coverage on that TD. D-line actually showed up to play as a group, not just one or two players. And Ellerbe showed what he can do when healthy which was pretty nice.

There really getting better. Only allowed 235 total offense to Carolina and Saints still lose. Wth!!!

Ken Crawley was making some plays! I like his potential going forward, it's hard to improve when you're constantly going up against #1 receivers in the NFL. This game is so much about the mental aspect and if he can keep his confidence up then that only makes our defense that much better

D did better than expected after a short week and staying on the field so long.

D did better than I expected after a short week and staying on the field so long.

About 200 hidden yards in special teams. (no, seriously, that isn't sarcasm)

tumblr_mgeafs74b21rkvl19o1_250.gif

Too bad he blew the 3rd and long call that ultimately lost the game

Meh. We had success early in the game with a 4 man rush...we ratcheted up the pressure on 3rd downs in the middle of the game, and Newton was capitalizing. I love aggressive ball, but for once in a decade I actually thought our front four was up to the task last night (and last week for that matter, tbph).

I was hoping they would do exactly what they did, which was to drop in coverage and make Newton hold the ball. I thought that was the smart play in that situation, at least in terms of blitzing. I thought Chris Collinsworth was pretty clueless in his assessment. We hadn't blitzed and forced a tackle short of the sticks all night.

Yep, Ron Rivera channeled his inner Jim Mora and went ultra conservative in the second half.

Yep, Ron Rivera channeled his inner Jim Mora and went ultra conservative in the second half.

Not sure if throwing on three straight downs and burning 9 seconds off the clock in the 4th quarter was being ultra conservative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom