Shoutout Davenport (1 Viewer)

I mean the kid is talented and he makes us so much better. Like others have said, we need to put some saran wrap around him b/c he has to stay healthy for us to make a push in the playoffs and win the Superbowl.

After all the ridicule for him being injured (rightfully so) he played a great game tonight on limited snaps. You can just see what a beast he is when he is on the field, I don’t blame the coaches for using 2 1st’s on him.

He was reeking havoc, so much talent. If by some miracle he can stay healthy he will be a true game changer for us.
1602653255990.png

He has all the talent. He made a difference when he was in the game. Hopefully this trend continues. More pressure on the QB could really help our feeble backend.

Probably the scariest nice guy that I've ever seen.

I know they were missing several OL but even just from watching at home you could tell the push across the entire DL was night and day from anything we've had so far this year. I saw him drive his guy back several yards several times. Had to rewind bc i almost had forgot what number he wears.

Cagy OL will intentionally give ground to keep the rusher coming slowly in a straight line. What they fear is someone with the power and explosion to get off the block early. Just saying, because I think Dav is a beast.

Probably the scariest nice guy that I've ever seen.

Charles Haley was the scariest not-so-nice guy, but Dav isn't far behind. Haley was usually the strongest man on the field, and always the scariest.

One of Davenport's ex-coaches from UTSA was in the gym today. He said that the coaches were really happy to see the explosiveness he showed Monday night. He said, "Guardedly optimistic."

The defense stopped there Bolts and the special teams roughs the kicker. Then Brees throws an interception leading to the ball on the 1. There was another short yardage situation where the offense handed to Burton and failed to pick up a yard.

The rules are significantly slanted to offensive players so even if the secondary plays really well, you cannot give the other team that many extra chances to score.
Payton knows this and has basically said as much after the Minn miracle.

The defense stopped there Bolts and the special teams roughs the kicker. Then Brees throws an interception leading to the ball on the 1. There was another short yardage situation where the offense handed to Burton and failed to pick up a yard.

The rules are significantly slanted to offensive players so even if the secondary plays really well, you cannot give the other team that many extra chances to score.
Payton knows this and has basically said as much after the Minn miracle.

I guess I was mainly speaking to the QB pressure we were able to generate. Usually when a D-line gets constant pressures, it makes the secondary look a lot better. But our secondary still looked horrible, even with decent pass rush.

I would love nothing more than to see Davenport stay healthy... continue to progress... and reach his truly elite potential.

I’ll be the first at the table ready to start eating that crow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom