Shows that should NEVER have been canceled (1 Viewer)

I think they could have gotten a lot of mileage out of Uncle Sheldon. I could see another two seasons of it. The last season with Sheldon and Amy having their first and naming him Leonard.

I'm sure the general fanbase would still be present today.......but I believe the challenge with many shows (particularly one that went on for over 10 years, like BBT) is finding a way to show character growth / development while still keeping just enough aspects of the "ways" of those characters in place as a reminder to remind the audience of why they ever got invested in those characters to begin with.

Overall, BBT did pretty well in that regard. But still, if you compare the last few seasons to the earlier seasons, Howard went from a pervert to a family man......Raj eventually could speak to women without alcohol.......Sheldon lost his virginity......Amy went from being narcissistic, awkward and (initially) even weirder than Sheldon....to eventually more or less becoming one of the girls, and being the normal one in the relationship with Sheldon. Bernadette went from sweet and timid to her "scream really loud and intimidate people in spite of her diminutive stature" persona.

Not saying all that as a critique, or to imply that everyone should have largely been what they were when the show started........but I can only imagine it was going to be tougher to maintain the identity of that show, which started with 4 unpopular dorks eating Chinese food with Penny and later had to account for marriages, children, etc.

I wonder if NFL wouldve had tried to get ESPN to cancel "Friday Night Lights" if that show had also aired during its 5-season run on the network instead of NBC. Honestly, Friday Night Lights, in terms of some of its content and themes, doesn't seem too far removed or too different from what Ive read Playmakers touched on. Except the supposed protagonists were HS players and the setting was a small football-mad north Texas town near Dallas.
The League has a TV deal with the NBC so I assume if they really wanted to give FNL the Playmakers treatment, they could’ve forced a move.

DuckTales reboot

Took awhile but it really grew on me

The Americans the show probably ended when it should have but this is one I would live a sequel series to set around the collapse of the Soviet Union
Good call on The Americans- it’s really evergreen content at this point
I could see a flash forward movie set in the Bush/Putin years
(fwiw, ‘Sleepers’ on HBO is a pretty decent series about the collapse set in Czechoslovakia )

Star Trek: Enterprise
Eli Stone
Covid Related: The Titan Games and The Ultimate Beastmaster

Star Trek: Enterprise
I watched Enterprise all the way to the last season. It was before i had a DVR, so i never got around to watching the last sason. I would probably have to go back and watch season 3 to remember what was going on..

Loved the show. Taco was the best... his wisdom was great.. I have since connected to all my Eskimo Brothers lol.
have you seen his (Jon Lejoie) youtube stuff?

My buddy once described a girl we knew as the Kevin Bacon of Eskimo Brothers, I LOLed!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom