Shows that should NEVER have been canceled (1 Viewer)

Age or not, I don't know, but it took until this post before I recognized one of the shows mentioned.
I’m with you, I do recall Agents of Shield, but haven’t seen an episode since 15 or 16.

Firefly . . . again. First show I thought of when reading the discussion title.

Marco Polo was really good as well.

There was a show about a somewhat dystopian future and people were going "back" in time to a dinosaur type era? Only lasted a season, but I liked that one.
You're thinking of Terra Nova, and it only ran for one season on Fox about 11 years ago. Decent premise, good acting crew but a little hard to take seriously with its "time portal jumping" scientific reasoning. I think NBC found A slightly more successful formula for that genre of show with La Brea came out last year.

I remember thinking ‘shouldn’t your dinosaur show have more dinosaurs in it?’

+1 for Firefly. Airing it out of sequence was stupid. Canceling it was stupider.

+1 for The Expanse. They canceled it once and Elon Musk brought it back. Where is he now?

Rome was great but it ran its course. I think same for Deadwood. Some shows are designed for 1-3 seasons and leave you wanting more.
HBO executives have now admitted they made a mistake cancelling Rome when they did. The original story arc was supposed to last 5 seasons, with Pompeii and Ceasar's civil war lasting throughout the first season, then Ceaser's sojourn/involvement in Cleopatra's civil war with her younger brother , his eventual love affair that lead to them getting married and having A son that would last all throughout season 2 and part of Season 3, Ceaser's assassination and subsequent civil war(battle of Phillipi) would take up rest of Season 3 and part of Season 4, then the Second Triumvirate(Augustus/Anthony) feud would collapse with a new civil war/naval battle.occuring at the Battle of Actium. Then Season 5 would.touch on reports of the rise of a new Jewish Messiah in Judea. So, yeah, Rome would've eventually gotten around to touching on or discussing the issue of Jesus Christ's birth, maybe discussing Herod the Great's alledged decision to murder all newborn children 2 years or younger in Bethlehem(Slaughter of the Innocents). An incident I personally believe never occurred, nor do I even believe that Herod the Great was ever aware, even in his senile, extremely paranoid delusional stage, that their was some ancient legend about a supposed Messiah who would.overthrow his hold on power and drive the Romans out of Judea militarily.

The Shield...

It started to get stale, but I think it was because they knew it was ending. That finale was trash IMHO.

carnivale, hbo.

firefly is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% terrible. without summer glau? easily 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% even more terriblerererer. it is the absolute masterpiece of joss whedon's house of sheet (and holy fork does that say a lot). think it earned a triple platinum sheeteriffic award?

HBO executives have now admitted they made a mistake cancelling Rome when they did. The original story arc was supposed to last 5 seasons, with Pompeii and Ceasar's civil war lasting throughout the first season, then Ceaser's sojourn/involvement in Cleopatra's civil war with her younger brother , his eventual love affair that lead to them getting married and having A son that would last all throughout season 2 and part of Season 3, Ceaser's assassination and subsequent civil war(battle of Phillipi) would take up rest of Season 3 and part of Season 4, then the Second Triumvirate(Augustus/Anthony) feud would collapse with a new civil war/naval battle.occuring at the Battle of Actium. Then Season 5 would.touch on reports of the rise of a new Jewish Messiah in Judea. So, yeah, Rome would've eventually gotten around to touching on or discussing the issue of Jesus Christ's birth, maybe discussing Herod the Great's alledged decision to murder all newborn children 2 years or younger in Bethlehem(Slaughter of the Innocents). An incident I personally believe never occurred, nor do I even believe that Herod the Great was ever aware, even in his senile, extremely paranoid delusional stage, that their was some ancient legend about a supposed Messiah who would.overthrow his hold on power and drive the Romans out of Judea militarily.
I stand corrected. HBO dropped the ball. Perhaps HTG did too.

Age or not, I don't know, but it took until this post before I recognized one of the shows mentioned.

I believe the last year of Taxi, the show and some of the actors won awards which made it even weirder that they canceled the show. I guess despite the popularity NBC claimed there was a ratings drop that led them to cancel the show....

I believe the last year of Taxi, the show and some of the actors won awards which made it even weirder that they canceled the show. I guess despite the popularity NBC claimed there was a ratings drop that led them to cancel the show....

I think there was a bunch of cocaine too.

Murder One

Legal drama but the hook was the whole season was just one case

A bit ahead of its time, this is when every show was standalone episodes with the rare two parter

The concept would probably fare better today

Already mentioned:

MV5BZTczZGM0M2MtMWRjOC00NTMxLTg2ZDYtMjczOGNjNmMxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNjgzODE@._V1_.jpg

And Amazon was just stupid, stupid, stupid to can this after two really good seasons:

p13164020_b_h11_ab.jpg

Hell, the Fox version with Patrick Warburton was better than a lot of sitcoms in the early '00s:

51K3YoVwnDL._SY445_.jpg

And this show, which shares some comedy DNA with The Tick, was unceremoniously dumped by the pinheads at AT&T after they completed their buyout of Time-Warner:

title_68.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom