Shows that should NEVER have been canceled (1 Viewer)

I swear there’s a plethora of early 00s FOX shows that were canceled too soon. It’s like FOX doesn’t know how to keep a show on the air that’s not a cartoon.

The Dana Carvey Show- watched the show for the first time after watching the Hulu doc, “Too Funny To Fail.”
If it was on the air about a decade later and aired on Adult Swim, it would’ve been a hit and lasted a few years.

DuckTales reboot

Took awhile but it really grew on me

The Americans the show probably ended when it should have but this is one I would live a sequel series to set around the collapse of the Soviet Union

Big Bang Theory
Really? I remember telling a friend when news broke that they were heading into the final season: "Yeah, it's probably about that time". If anything, it may have even gone a year or 2 longer than necessary.

I could see them doing a movie someday to sort of "update" us on the characters.......but with most of them now being parents, I'm not sure how interesting it would have remained as an ongoing sitcom.

I swear there’s a plethora of early 00s FOX shows that were canceled too soon. It’s like FOX doesn’t know how to keep a show on the air that’s not a cartoon.

Funny you say that....in regards to the thread title, the first show that popped into my mind was "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction"....which aired on FOX before getting axed at the conclusion of its 2002 season.

Really? I remember telling a friend when news broke that they were heading into the final season: "Yeah, it's probably about that time". If anything, it may have even gone a year or 2 longer than necessary.

I could see them doing a movie someday to sort of "update" us on the characters.......but with most of them now being parents, I'm not sure how interesting it would have remained as an ongoing sitcom.

Funny you say that....in regards to the thread title, the first show that popped into my mind was "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction"....which aired on FOX before getting axed at the conclusion of its 2002 season.
I think they could have gotten a lot of mileage out of Uncle Sheldon. I could see another two seasons of it. The last season with Sheldon and Amy having their first and naming him Leonard.

Had it been on Showtime, it would’ve gotten a nice five season run.
This show was before it's time. Their last episode is exactly how our season ended. I can't believe the NFL put pressure on ESPN to cancel it because it was too accurate.

This show was before it's time. Their last episode is exactly how our season ended. I can't believe the NFL put pressure on ESPN to cancel it because it was too accurate.
I wonder if NFL wouldve had tried to get ESPN to cancel "Friday Night Lights" if that show had also aired during its 5-season run on the network instead of NBC. Honestly, Friday Night Lights, in terms of some of its content and themes, doesn't seem too far removed or too different from what Ive read Playmakers touched on. Except the supposed protagonists were HS players and the setting was a small football-mad north Texas town near Dallas.

The League.

Last edited:
I wonder if NFL wouldve had tried to get ESPN to cancel "Friday Night Lights" if that show had also aired during its 5-season run on the network instead of NBC. Honestly, Friday Night Lights, in terms of some of its content and themes, doesn't seem too far removed or too different from what Ive read Playmakers touched on. Except the supposed protagonists were HS players and the setting was a small football-mad north Texas town near Dallas.
I never watched that show, but i'll check it out. But like you said it was HS instead if Pro ball. So maybe that's a big difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom