Shreveport Times: "Saints stealthily may have found the next Drew Brees" (1 Viewer)

What I want to know is who kidnapped the real Glenn Guilbeau and is impersonating him as the author of a positive Saints article.

Haha. I almost posted the same thing. This is probably the first article I've ever enjoyed by Guilbeau. It's also one of the only ones that didn't have an obviously negative click-bait angle. Guilbeau is such a joke as a journalist.

What I want to know is who kidnapped the real Glenn Guilbeau and is impersonating him as the author of a positive Saints article.

Seriously. That's what I was thinking the whole time I was reading that. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and the negativity to start pouring in, but it never came.

Really? Just because he will sit behind a HOFer for a couple years does not mean he will be "just as good" as Aaron Rodgers.

You do realize he used the words, "I think he can" and "may" where you used the term, "will". You do understand there's a difference?

I love the fact that Payton said Grayson was the 1 QB they had their sights on and that if they didn't get him, they weren't going to draft one.

At worst, it's a fib that fills the rookie with confidence that a head coach with QB tendencies felt like you were "his guy."

At best, it's true and Grayson has a chance to be that good and the Saints have him in house for quite a while.

I think he can be just as good as Aaron Rodgers with 2 years behind Drew...We may have found a gem

I must really be damaged by this team, because at first glance I thought you said Aaron Brooks. No idea why :covri:

Love the accuracy. As we have seen from certain high-profile college QBs, if you're heading into your rookie season in the NFL and you don't have accuracy - it's very hard to find it.

Good build too, looks a lot bigger than 215lbs.

"Saints Stealthily May Have Found The Next Colt McCoy" just doesn't have the same appeal. It's an unrealistically tall order to compare this kid to the next Drew Brees, but at least he will have the chance to learn directly FROM Brees and Payton... unlike McCoy (who was also compared often to Brees).

I also like the fact that Grayson models himself after Peyton Manning. Hopefully that means he will put in the work and preparation that Manning is known for.

What I found most interesting was Payton's comment that, after Winston and Mariota, Grayson was the only other QB they were willing to draft.

I would take Grayson over either of the other 2, so I think we made out like bandits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom