Shrimp fried rice with egg drop soup (1 Viewer)

Should I add egg drop soup into shrimp fried rice?

• Total voters

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
Reaction score
I mentioned making egg drop soup before in a different thread and this time i have some ginger and sesame oil and it's much better! Also, I made shrimp fried rice for the first time ever and it is excellent. I had an idea and I need guidance. Adding some egg drop soup into the fried rice. What say you?

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes yes yes. With chili oil.

Why not? If it don’t work, it don’t work.

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
sure try it with a small amount

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You are about to come across a delightful dish known as shrimp in lobster sauce which is, essentially, egg drop soup plus shrimp. If there's anything lobster about it in most places it might be some stock, but really it's just egg drop thickened with corn starch with shrimp, peas and maybe some other veg over rice.

If you take your egg drop soup leftovers out of the fridge cold and add a little bit of cornstarch, you can add it to your hot wok right after removing your shrimp fried rice and have yourself some yummy snacks.

OP
OP
Scorpius the Allfather

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
Reaction score
You are about to come across a delightful dish known as shrimp in lobster sauce which is, essentially, egg drop soup plus shrimp. If there's anything lobster about it in most places it might be some stock, but really it's just egg drop thickened with corn starch with shrimp, peas and maybe some other veg over rice.

If you take your egg drop soup leftovers out of the fridge cold and add a little bit of cornstarch, you can add it to your hot wok right after removing your shrimp fried rice and have yourself some yummy snacks.

More cornstarch? My recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
More cornstarch? My recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

Without seeing how thick your soup is, I can't tell, but the consistency of the shrimp with lobster sauce is thicker than soup. Not a bunch, but surely some. I'd bet if 2 is what your soup recipe calls for then 1 more ought to do the trick. It won't matter for the taste so thicken it as much or as little as you like.

OP
OP
Scorpius the Allfather

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
Reaction score
Without seeing how thick your soup is, I can't tell, but the consistency of the shrimp with lobster sauce is thicker than soup. Not a bunch, but surely some. I'd bet if 2 is what your soup recipe calls for then 1 more ought to do the trick. It won't matter for the taste so thicken it as much or as little as you like.

Now how long do I cook your idea of cold soup on the hot wok?

Reaction score

that was actually the very first Chinese dish I had somewhere around 1982 or 3. From the hole in the wall in Carrollton Ave near where Pep Boys is now. I fell in love with it. Since then I have learned plenty about Asian Cuisine and I’m not even sure that one is even Chinese but I still love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom