Shrimp fried rice with egg drop soup (1 Viewer)

Should I add egg drop soup into shrimp fried rice?

• Total voters
You are about to come across a delightful dish known as shrimp in lobster sauce which is, essentially, egg drop soup plus shrimp. If there's anything lobster about it in most places it might be some stock, but really it's just egg drop thickened with corn starch with shrimp, peas and maybe some other veg over rice.

If you take your egg drop soup leftovers out of the fridge cold and add a little bit of cornstarch, you can add it to your hot wok right after removing your shrimp fried rice and have yourself some yummy snacks.

that was actually the very first Chinese dish I had somewhere around 1982 or 3. From the hole in the wall in Carrollton Ave near where Pep Boys is now. I fell in love with it. Since then I have learned plenty about Asian Cuisine and I’m not even sure that one is even Chinese but I still love it.

that was actually the very first Chinese dish I had somewhere around 1982 or 3. From the hole in the wall in Carrollton Ave near where Pep Boys is now. I fell in love with it. Since then I have learned plenty about Asian Cuisine and I’m not even sure that one is even Chinese but I still love it.

Someone walked into a chinese restaurant back in the day before buffets and had some shrimp dish they didn't like so they tossed the shrimp in the egg drop and poured it over rice.

I'm sure.

Interesting thing is that most of the Chinese restaurants around here were originally run by Vietnamese parading as Chinese because Americans didn’t have sense enough back then to realize how good Vietnamese food was. They could have probably sold it as French food though and it wouldn’t even been fudging that much.
I’m not sure where in China they serve what we think of as Chinese food. China is a monstrous country with highly regionalized cuisine.

The most interesting cooking book (it’s really as much history as it is recipes) was by Fushia Dunlap: Land if Plenty. It’s about the Sechuan region. Absolutely fascinated by that stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom