Shrimp fried rice with egg drop soup (1 Viewer)

Should I add egg drop soup into shrimp fried rice?

• Total voters

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic/ghost
Reaction score
I mentioned making egg drop soup before in a different thread and this time i have some ginger and sesame oil and it's much better! Also, I made shrimp fried rice for the first time ever and it is excellent. I had an idea and I need guidance. Adding some egg drop soup into the fried rice. What say you?

Yes yes yes. With chili oil.

Why not? If it don’t work, it don’t work.

sure try it with a small amount

You are about to come across a delightful dish known as shrimp in lobster sauce which is, essentially, egg drop soup plus shrimp. If there's anything lobster about it in most places it might be some stock, but really it's just egg drop thickened with corn starch with shrimp, peas and maybe some other veg over rice.

If you take your egg drop soup leftovers out of the fridge cold and add a little bit of cornstarch, you can add it to your hot wok right after removing your shrimp fried rice and have yourself some yummy snacks.

You are about to come across a delightful dish known as shrimp in lobster sauce which is, essentially, egg drop soup plus shrimp. If there's anything lobster about it in most places it might be some stock, but really it's just egg drop thickened with corn starch with shrimp, peas and maybe some other veg over rice.

If you take your egg drop soup leftovers out of the fridge cold and add a little bit of cornstarch, you can add it to your hot wok right after removing your shrimp fried rice and have yourself some yummy snacks.

More cornstarch? My recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

More cornstarch? My recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

Without seeing how thick your soup is, I can't tell, but the consistency of the shrimp with lobster sauce is thicker than soup. Not a bunch, but surely some. I'd bet if 2 is what your soup recipe calls for then 1 more ought to do the trick. It won't matter for the taste so thicken it as much or as little as you like.

Without seeing how thick your soup is, I can't tell, but the consistency of the shrimp with lobster sauce is thicker than soup. Not a bunch, but surely some. I'd bet if 2 is what your soup recipe calls for then 1 more ought to do the trick. It won't matter for the taste so thicken it as much or as little as you like.

Now how long do I cook your idea of cold soup on the hot wok?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom