Shrooms (1 Viewer)

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
To make a long story short, I've caught 4 gnarly colds since October. Each lasting at least 10 days (or more). My primary care doctor suggests that I keep getting sick due to moving state, moving house, starting new job and being exposed to new and different allergens and germs. Anyway, after being sick AGAIN for the past 2 weeks, I've been reading about taking some supplements for immune system boosting because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. So my questions to you all are:

1. Did any of you ever get sick all the time when you moved to a new state in the first year? (People keep telling me this is common - especially with the unusually cold, wet and bipolar weather SoCal has been having)

2. I keep seeing a lot about mushrooms (not the illegal kind) having all sorts of benefits and helping with immunity. Any of you have any knowledge or experience with them?

3. Any of you take any other immune system supplement that you love? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I watched a doc once that talked about eating local honey to help with allergies. Not sure how much it would help but it can't hurt and it makes total sense to me.

PS
I also thought this thread was about the good shrooms haha. It's been decades since I've been around them or even knew anyone that had them but I have fond memories of my early 20's.

To make a long story short, I've caught 4 gnarly colds since October. Each lasting at least 10 days (or more). My primary care doctor suggests that I keep getting sick due to moving state, moving house, starting new job and being exposed to new and different allergens and germs. Anyway, after being sick AGAIN for the past 2 weeks, I've been reading about taking some supplements for immune system boosting because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. So my questions to you all are:

1. Did any of you ever get sick all the time when you moved to a new state in the first year? (People keep telling me this is common - especially with the unusually cold, wet and bipolar weather SoCal has been having)

2. I keep seeing a lot about mushrooms (not the illegal kind) having all sorts of benefits and helping with immunity. Any of you have any knowledge or experience with them?

3. Any of you take any other immune system supplement that you love? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

years ago the company I worked for had me move to Little Rock, AR
soon after moving, I found myself breaking out in severe, itchy hives that made me look like the human lobster. Benedryl and Benedryl cream were of temporary relief at best. Problem is, the hives were only appearing at night so I couldn't go to a doctor to get them looked at

finally, one evening when they appeared I started having trouble breathing so I drove myself to the emergency room. the doctor is checking me out and I am BRIGHT red with white irregular bumps all over me. he excuses himself and comes back with a group of med students to show off The Lobster Boy since it was the worst case of hives he had ever had the pleasure of seeing in person.

so finally a nurse comes in with a shot of steroids and asks me where I want it so I tell her to put it in my shoulder. She says "This shot is pretty painful so most people take it in the hip"
well this makes me think to myself "Then why the hell did you ask me?" and, not wanting to appear like a wuss, I told her "Just do it in the shoulder"

I managed to keep a straight face through the shot and wait till she left and the door closed before clutching my arm and cursing my stupidity

come to think of it, I really haven't ever learned my lesson from that

Shrooms...I keep clicking on this thread for some reason. Could be CCS's avatar, or something.

Your body is missing that lovely mountain cedar pollen that Central Texas has in so much abundance. Have someone ship you some ATX air and/or granulated pollen from bee hives.

Genexa Allergy-D. , available through Amazon. All natural, and has knocked out my mold allergy completely. In this neck of the woods, the rainy season is now from March through February, and mold is an issue. I have no other allergies except mold. Genexa does the trick, 2 tablets 2x daily, and takes about a week to work,

I also take vitamin C and 5-HTP. You can try essential oils like frankincense, peppermint, tea tree, and oregano in a diffuser.

Last edited:
I rarely get sick. About the only thing that hits me sometimes is a bit of allergies when I go back home during the winter (leave here is 32°, get there 6 hours later it is 90°). But takes me 1-2 days to get acclimated. Diet wise, I eat a lot of protein, take a multi-vitamin (when I remember), but I believe that, what keeps the doctor away, is the habanero peppers. When I am home, though, I eat a lot honey in a couple of different forms too, in the form of caramels and melcocha (an old Mayan sweet).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom