News Shut down my office due to Corona Virus.... (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I’ve watched all the memes and jokes flying around and of course I laughed. My construction manager was quarantined on a cruise somewhere. Got back to work was sick, got better and sick again....leaked he has Corona Virus. This hit home....we were talking and laughing and BS’ing a few weeks ago. It’s the real deal....

We have people from all over the country in my office. California, Washington State, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana. You get the picture. I’m in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Stay safe...

I was like that to. Now it is getting serious for sure. Good health to you

I’ve watched all the memes and jokes flying around and of course I laughed. My construction manager was quarantined on a cruise somewhere. Got back to work was sick, got better and sick again....leaked he has Corona Virus. This hit home....we were talking and laughing and BS’ing a few weeks ago. It’s the real deal....

We have people from all over the country in my office. California, Washington State, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana. You get the picture. I’m in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Stay safe...

I hope he recovers and that none of y'all ever catch a hint of it.

It came down from the project manager. Said this morning that’s it no more meetings. They didn’t say how long we would be down. Work from home and go straight to the field.

Glad that you CAN work from home... If I could DJ girls from the house I would do it every day... ;)

But stay safe my friend...

my company has approximately 280k worldwide and we've stopped a lot of travel. it is getting serious.

Us too. I work for 1 of the Big 4, and we are limited on internal travel, a big no on anything International, and to follow client guidelines for project related travel. All of my clients have implemented travel bans until further notice, so I'm going to be home for awhile. Through 3 airports this morning, and all were 25% as full as they usually are on a Thursday.

Work and life don't stop though. I've got meetings set up virtually for the next few weeks, and work goes on.

Us too. I work for 1 of the Big 4, and we are limited on internal travel, a big no on anything International, and to follow client guidelines for project related travel. All of my clients have implemented travel bans until further notice, so I'm going to be home for awhile. Through 3 airports this morning, and all were 25% as full as they usually are on a Thursday.

Work and life don't stop though. I've got meetings set up virtually for the next few weeks, and work goes on.
yep big 4 here too. i just rolled off a project, so i'm sitting home. the project i was supposed to return to is on hold (in boston).

well we just got the official, no travel till april 15 minimum.

My job killed all business travel and all non-business related company gatherings (i.e. cake day, beer Thursday, stuff like that). For tomorrow half the firm was directed to work from home to stress test the network.

SF Bay Are denizen here. Will be working from home the next three weeks. I feel bad for some of the hourlies who can't do this and have to use PTO. Once thats exhausted though, no pay. When the email went out I offered to donate some of my PTO to people that needed it, but haven't heard back yet.

Our company is international and all travel has been halted. Everyone who can work from home is working from home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom