Shutdown Idea (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
What if they just shut the country down for six months and pay everyone stimulus checks on the 1st and the 15th? Free health care for everyone.

What if they just shut the country down for six months and pay everyone stimulus checks on the 1st and the 15th? Free health care for everyone.
I think that was the plan then a certain side of congress did not like the idea of the $600 a week extension like we got in spring and summer. So here we are back to square one with COVID back on the rise and no relief package. I think something will get passed once Joe takes over.

I think that was the plan then a certain side of congress did not like the idea of the $600 a week extension like we got in spring and summer. So here we are back to square one with COVID back on the rise and no relief package. I think something will get passed once Joe takes over.
Covid? What Covid?? I was told there would be no more Covid after the November election.

I'd absolutely be for that. Hell, even 2 months would work. Alas, we can't even do a week. Smh.

I understand the theory but who's delivering the free health care if you "shut the country down"?

How do we keep the lights on? Heat our homes? Feed ourselves?

Are we foraging for food and burning wood or are we asking some people to work and not others?

I understand the theory but who's delivering the free health care if you "shut the country down"?

Are we foraging for food and burning wood or are we asking some people to work and not others?

Start with the Billionaires giving back,

What if we lived in a country that prioritized it's citizens wellbeing over maintaining profitability? That'd be tight af.
What if I told you these things are not mutually exclusive!!

The sooner we get serious about stopping the Covid spread, the sooner we can get back to a fully open economy, but when people argue that not wearing a mask is their personal freedom, the virus continues to spread. Personal freedom is great and all, but when your personal freedom potentially affects the lives of those around you, those lives take precedent over your freedom.

It is perfectly legal for me to drink a 5th of Bourbon. It is also perfectly legal for me to drive my car down the interstate. It is not however legal for me to get sloppy drunk AND drive my car down the interstate. Why? Because my right to get sloppy drunk and drive my car infringes upon everyone else's right to expect not to die from a drunk-driver.

You're basically arguing for Basic Universal Income. I think we're going to get there at some point. I'd like to see more research on human behavior in a UBI economy but I'm generally supportive of it. Frankly I think it and universal healthcare are going to be required at some point in order to save Capitalism from itself.

Why not make it permanent?? throw in a stipend for video games and guitars and I will never leave the house again. =).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom