SI thinks we win out..... (1 Viewer)

I doubt it. How can anybody justify a conference winning team play on the road against a wild card team??? It should never happen!!!

No, what should never happen is a team win a division with a below-.500 record. And that's a probably occurrence this season.

That Eagles game made me sick.
unfortunately the lasting memory of the Saints in my childhood is Bobby Hebert being sacked for that safety in the 4th quarter... i can still see that vividly in my head... in fact when Brees suffered that safety against the Bears in the 2006 NFCCG (intentional grounding in the end zone) I saw Hebert's sack all over again

If the Saints finished as the no. 5 seed and play the NFC West winner, I think that'd be the perfect tune-up game heading into the divisional round.

Yes we wouldn't be as well rested, but we'll be confident and not as rusty.

And i might actually drive up to Seattle to watch the game.

There is a scenario no one is really talking about, but is more realistic than the SI story....and it is from the Bucs perspective....

The Bucs right now are 2 games behind the clowns....losing against the clowns will practically eliminate them from playoff contention, so this is a do or die game for them....I predict the Bucs will win this game, giving the clowns their 3rd loss for the season...

They also need the clowns to lose one more game, and who is the team capable of beating them in their own house????....The Saints!

That would give the clowns their 4th loss.

The Saints right now have 3 losses, so they will probably beat the Bengals, but then they travel to Baltimore and Atlanta.....it is probable that the Saints will lose against the Ravens, thus giving them their 4th loss, but they will rebound beating the clowns in their own house....

So, at the end of week 16, we have 3 teams with identical 11&4 record....at that point the tiebraker is the div record, and the Saints will be the leaders with 1 loss, followed by either the Bucs, or clowns with 2 div losses.

It will all come down in week 17, when the Bucs face the Saints in NO.....beating the Saints will ensure the Bucs a playoff spot regardless what the clowns are doing against the Panthers....if the strength of schedule favors the Bucs against the clowns, then by beating the Saints in week 17 ensures them the div championship, and probably the 1st or 2nd seed in the playoffs.........and the schedule favors them somewhat....Clowns, @ Skins, Detroit, Seattle @ Saints.....if they win out, they probably win the division.

The Saints & clowns have similar desires....win out, and probably win the div. & the 1st seed......

NO WAY Atlanta goes 14-2 or even 13-3. There luck will run out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom