SI thinks we win out..... (2 Viewers)

I'd bet everything I own that both teams don't " win out"(minus the falcons loss to the saints of course) I know the falcons have an easy schedule but NFL teams just can't bring it every week for whatever reason. In a league where the average winning margin is 3 points, I just don't see it. Both teams are more likely to lose 1 (plus the head to head game) then to win em all. Just saying!!!

Tell you one thing...........I don't think you will be seeing any team sit out players at
the end of the season on the last game...... both FACLOWNS AND SAINTS need every
game.
We get to watch some great football the next 5 weeks.

But if we have secured the 5th seed, but cant overtake the falcons by winning the last game, don't you think we will rest our starters in that last game to give them rest before a difficult (and cold) wildcard playoff run?

I don't see the Falcons going 3-0 in their next 3 road games. I think they are a better team than all 3 but will have to deal with weather and a long flight. And I would bet they drop at least 1.

But that said, I don't see the Saints running the table either. I hope they do, but I'm never as confident when they play on grass.

I have to agree here....well put!
<!-- / message -->

If the Saints finished as the no. 5 seed and play the NFC West winner, I think that'd be the perfect tune-up game heading into the divisional round.

Yes we wouldn't be as well rested, but we'll be confident and not as rusty.

I agree, assuming of course nobody gets injured in the tune-up game

Has there ever been a 13-3 team that didn't win their division?

The Saints went 12-3 during the 1987 season when they were in the NFC West. The San Francisco 49ers went 13-2 that year & went on to win the Super bowl.

12-3 because the season was shortened by one game due to the NFL Players Association strike.

1) The article does NOT predict that we will win out. It's stating what would happen IF we did win out.

2) There are several tough games ahead. Don't count your chickens. We will have some nailbiters down the stretch.

3) The Cardinals didn't kick our butts. They were the first team EVER to score 30+ points without a skill position player scoring an offensive touchdown. We (Brees and Payton) gave that game away with interceptions and too many pass plays.

Darren Woodson thinks the same way too when they had a bold prediction segment on NFL Live today, although I don't like the fact that he said as a bold prediction. He said that along with us winning the division and getting HFA

id like us to win the divison again, but i also like the chance for the 5th seed and game against one of the scrubs from the nfc west, as a game to get us ready for the better teams.

check saints history :)
several posters have already pointed out 1987's 12-3 record and wild card berth... but the Saints were the Wild Card w/ a 12-4 record in 1992 (i know... i know... it's not 13-3 but i figure 1 game back is close enough). SF was 14-2 that season to take the NFC West crown... they lost the NFC Championship Game to eventual SB Champs Dallas (the blow out of Buffalo)

Of course most of us try to forget the 1992 playoffs... up 20-10 against the Eagles in the dome after 3 only to see the 4th qtr meltdown (Eagles score 26 4th quarter points)... and jeez what a day of comebacks January 3, 1993 was... "The Comeback" Buffalo's 2nd half surge over the Oilers and that Eagles/Saints game... thankfully America remembers the Oilers/Bills game as "The Comeback" and not the Eagles/Saints game

It would really suck to be 13-3, or 12-4, and not be division winners - a home playoff game becomes all but impossible for wild carders. It could be worse though. New England went 11-5 back in 2008 and didn't even make the playoffs! Now that's a raw deal. Thas the way football go sometimes.

If it makes you feel better, hate Nate Clements.

Of course most of us try to forget the 1992 playoffs... up 20-10 against the Eagles in the dome after 3 only to see the 4th qtr meltdown (Eagles score 26 4th quarter points)... and jeez what a day of comebacks January 3, 1993 was... "The Comeback" Buffalo's 2nd half surge over the Oilers and that Eagles/Saints game... thankfully America remembers the Oilers/Bills game as "The Comeback" and not the Eagles/Saints game

That Eagles game made me sick.

I'm wondering when re-seeding of the playoff teams will come about.. I'm sure the competition committee will look into it if the playoff picture finishes like this..

It'll always be the way it is most likely. They've had finishes like this before its not like its something new. Look at the Pats a few years back, finished 11-5 but missed the playoffs, when a division winner had a worse record(Chargers at 8-8), and hosted a game. Yea, it ain't changing.

No prob.

We beat the West chump.

Then we go to the ATL Dome aka the Superdome West and rip out Failclowns Fan's heart.

Then we go to Chicago and exorcise all kinds of demons.

Then we go win our second consecutive Super Bowl in Jerrah World.

Sounds pretty sweet to me.

That's gonna be a long trip. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom