SI thinks we win out..... (2 Viewers)

I can also envision that scenario. But Im still hoping ATL has a slip up game.

What I find interesting is that if all of that scenario plays out exactly like they project it, wouldn't so many teams with great records missing the playoff point to less parity in the NFL?

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that if all of that scenario plays out exactly like they project it, wouldn't so many teams with great records missing the playoff point to less parody in the NFL?

I think there's plenty of parody. Kenny Mayne even has his own spot on Sunday.

I don't see the Falcons going 3-0 in their next 3 road games. I think they are a better team than all 3 but will have to deal with weather and a long flight. And I would bet they drop at least 1.

But that said, I don't see the Saints running the table either. I hope they do, but I'm never as confident when they play on grass.

If the Saints finished as the no. 5 seed and play the NFC West winner, I think that'd be the perfect tune-up game heading into the divisional round.

Yes we wouldn't be as well rested, but we'll be confident and not as rusty.

I'm wondering when re-seeding of the playoff teams will come about.. I'm sure the competition committee will look into it if the playoff picture finishes like this..

Has there ever been a 13-3 team that didn't win their division?

No, but I believe the '87 Saints were the only 3-loss team (other than the '82 strike-shortened season) to NOT win their division.

The '87 were 12-3, and hosted the Wild Card game (in their first playoff game in franchise history):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGZGPuZNYfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGZGPuZNYfE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:gosaints:

Yeah, I knew what you meant. Just poking.

Its all good man. I learned a long time ago to laugh at my own spelling mistakes. Imagine what it was like before or without spell checker. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom