SI thinks we win out..... (2 Viewers)

Tell you one thing...........I don't think you will be seeing any team sit out players at
the end of the season on the last game...... both FACLOWNS AND SAINTS need every
game.
We get to watch some great football the next 5 weeks.

Granted, it could play out like that, but I don't think so. I've got Atlanta losing in Tampa this week.

I don't see the Falcons going 3-0 in their next 3 road games. I think they are a better team than all 3 but will have to deal with weather and a long flight. And I would bet they drop at least 1.

But that said, I don't see the Saints running the table either. I hope they do, but I'm never as confident when they play on grass.

Agreed.... The Saints are a precision offense and bad elements don't lend to being precise.. Matter of fact, I see the falcons offense being more suited for bad elements then the Saints because of their run game..

Just my thoughts..

Has there ever been a 13-3 team that didn't win their division?

The 2 best records to ever be a WC was in the 1987 season that was shortened by the strike to a 15 game season the Saints were a 12-3 WC team behind the 13-2 49ers. Also, the 1999 Tenn Titans were a 13-3 WC behind the 14-2 Jags.

Agreed.... The Saints are a precision offense and bad elements don't lend to being precise.. Matter of fact, I see the falcons offense being more suited for bad elements then the Saints because of their run game..

Just my thoughts..

Not to mention the defense is very fast, but not very big.

The Rams with the #4 seed with a 7-9 record would be sickening. I understand how it all works and I accept it, doesn't make it fair to the team who ends up with a better record in the same conference though. Either way it's all good, unless the Saints end up that team with the better record and miss the playoffs, that would KILL me!! :rant:

If it plays out as SI has it, we would be going into Week 17 tied with the Falcons at 12-3, but with them having the tiebreak :banghead: as long as they beat the hapless Panthers. Meanwhile we'd be playing the Bucs, who (if they manage to beat Washington as well as the two easier games after that) could actually get into the playoffs by beating us. It would produce an interesting set of motivations for all of NFC South teams.

Another interesting feature of Week 17 will be that the four NFC West teams are all playing in the afternoon, very possibly with the #4 seed on the line for one of these teams to snatch, so fans will have something to keep their interest despite the mediocrity--it might end something like a drunkfight out there.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

If we win out, I don't see us losing any games in the playoffs, road games or not. We'll be hot and clicking.

I'm wondering when re-seeding of the playoff teams will come about.. I'm sure the competition committee will look into it if the playoff picture finishes like this..

I doubt it. How can anybody justify a conference winning team play on the road against a wild card team??? It should never happen!!!

This season the Falcons won't be able to take any games off like the Saints did last season, it will be a dogfight until the end, health at the end of the season will be very important, so far the Falcons have been very lucky, will they stay lucky?

If we don't get bye for first playoff week it may be better for us to get 5th seed. I mean I'd rather play whatever scrub team the west puts out then the Bears/Packers/Giants/Eagles

No prob.

We beat the West chump.

Then we go to the ATL Dome aka the Superdome West and rip out Failclowns Fan's heart.

Then we go to Chicago and exorcise all kinds of demons.

Then we go win our second consecutive Super Bowl in Jerrah World.

Sounds pretty sweet to me.

But still don't catch the Fal-Clowns, because of what happened with Arizona in Week 5. Interesting playoff picture here....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../12/01/nfl-playoff-projections-week-13/1.html

Arizona kicked out butts.

The real reason is because of Hartley's choke against the Falcons...No need to hide from that fact.

But I'm actually looking forward to beating them in their dome in the NFC championship..celebrating the moment on their turf..;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom