Sick and tired of it (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
First of all ... it took me months to get at least a little bit over the blatant "no call" in the NFC Championship Game. As a guy from austria it's really never that easy to follow the saints througout the season. Only chance, get the Game Pass, which ist nearly 180 dollars for the whole season.
I really nearly wrestled with myself if I should renew it for 2019. There was a time when I thought "screw it ... stick to soccer and hockey", but after all I wasn't able get out of my skin and I renewed it.

Then came Week 1 and the refs didn't even tried it to hide the sh** anymore with the "run off" incident. The Saints still overcame it and got the W. Now this yesterday ... I mean ... I have no words. How in the hell can you not let that play happen and overturn it if it really is an incomplete pass. How? Refs are humans (at least they look like ones) and humans make mistakes. That's a fact. Always was, always will. But what's going on since the NFC Championship Game last season is beyond reality. These are no mistakes any more ... the refs have the assignment to wear the Saints down. I'm sure about that.

This really has to do more with the WWE and Vince McMahon, rather than with professional sport. I wonder if I can get my money back for the annual Game Pass ... But what hurts me most are not the 180 bucks I spent for the Game Pass, I just feal really sorry for the players. I mean this guys are working their whole life to get to this point. The way to the NFL is paved with blood, sweat and tears. They played throug injurys, there whole life is focused to become a professional football player and then came some zebras and constantly wiping away all of the hard work in an instant.

It also will get harder and harder to get the players you want, when they know that they never will be given the chance to become champions, just because they are on the Saints roster. It's just a mess what the NFL is doing right now. I'm really sick and tired of it and I'm just a 35 year old guy living in Austria and being a Saints fan. I can only imagine how you feel in NOLA about all this sh** that's going on right now.

I really see only one way out of this mess and there are two points that needs to be adressed: Goodell must be out (at least from the NFL - better from the planet) and the NFL must be branded as "Sport" and not as "Entertainment" anymore. That this is rigged is obvious. You cannot plan every catch or drop, every field goal or miss, I'm aware of that, but there must be a script at least for some games.

I'm sorry for the essay, but the frustration needed a valve. And sorry for some bad english, I'm writing a 100 times better on german! :p

It wasn't even just that play. It was the insane number of flags for holding, combined with the insane number of missed holding calls that the Rams should've gotten flagged for if they were paying as close attention to them as they were to us. Also, I wanna know - how can a WR run into our DB and our DB gets flagged for illegal contact? Apple got flagged for that today. Yet I remember in the NFCCG in OT when Michael Thomas ran into a DB and Brees ended up getting picked off (after getting hit in the head) ... no flag.

I don't think the league has it out for us. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted the Rams to win the NFCCG last year and they did everything to orchestrate that. But I think the blow back we (fans) made after that blatantly missed call rubbed referees the wrong way towards us and they're flexing their muscles on us.

If the NFL was an honest, professional organization they'd come down on the referees publicly while at the same time taking steps to ensure accountability. But they wont, because they don't care.

You're absolutely right. If you want, you can throw flags for "holding" after every snap, at every team in every situation. Yesterday it just happened to us. Everytime in professional sports you see a statistic this one-sided like yesterday, something is very wrong.

I’m in that number still driving myself absolutely insane over the audacity of that trash last afternoon. As far as I’m concerned it’s the NFL sending us a message that we need to beat the refs too. The problem is that without Drew we’re pedestrian on offense. We held the rams to 6 points through 2.5 quarters of football at home but all most will see is 27-9.

It wasn't even just that play. It was the insane number of flags for holding, combined with the insane number of missed holding calls that the Rams should've gotten flagged for if they were paying as close attention to them as they were to us. Also, I wanna know - how can a WR run into our DB and our DB gets flagged for illegal contact? Apple got flagged for that today. Yet I remember in the NFCCG in OT when Michael Thomas ran into a DB and Brees ended up getting picked off (after getting hit in the head) ... no flag.

I don't think the league has it out for us. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted the Rams to win the NFCCG last year and they did everything to orchestrate that. But I think the blow back we (fans) made after that blatantly missed call rubbed referees the wrong way towards us and they're flexing their muscles on us.

If the NFL was an honest, professional organization they'd come down on the referees publicly while at the same time taking steps to ensure accountability. But they wont, because they don't care.

The blatant holding/arm bar technique used against Jordan on just about every down was the kicker for me. Go back and watch the game. It will make you sick. And don’t even get me started on how they specifically were targeting Thomas beyond 5 yards on his crossing routes, with a LB blocking him physically and a DB chasing him and pinching thomas between himself and the LBer. It was so blatant every time Thomas ran a crossing route, it was just ridiculous.

But it comes when last week ESPN has some former official on saying how important it was in our first game back that the officials get it right. And they screwed up.

This week the same line trotted out about them getting it right. Same story again and this with one of the most experienced crews. It's been bad forever. Now it's blatant.

I agree. What happened in the title game was not an accident, my eyes told me something wasn’t right when it took place. I didn’t need to see replays. It just had a weird look and feeling to everything.

I’m surprised the nfl made it so obvious what they wanted to have happen. I feel like when playoffs are in progress that’s when they influence the momentum of games. I feel it’s usually not something SO obvious.

Until our title game.

I feel like all teams on the field play their hearts out. They are along for the rides like us fans. It’s just so obvious lately. I don’t get how some folks don’t allow themselves to notice.

Now Drew is facing this setup. This has now become the story of this season. Hopefully he’s not out long and things like that. Just going to be tough for this team to battle through.

Those saying it’s 3 games in a row have forgotten about the 110 yard drive against the Eagles. They tried everything they could to stop us taking the lead in that game.

I’m done watching the games live now. I didn’t watch week 1 because i didn’t want to stay up until 4am to watch us potentially get screwed again.
This week it started at 9.25pm so I watched it, I told myself I wasn’t going to get as emotionally involved as I used to but it turns out that’s impossible. It’s all or nothing, there’s no inbetween.
I’ve always been of the opinion that the refs influence games but I could overlook a cleverly timed holding penalty to stall a drive because the flag was there to be thrown, the penalty didn’t have to be called but it was a legitimate call.
I can’t overlook blatant and obvious bias and even flat out cheating against the saints. From now on i will check the score after the game and watch the replay of the game another day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom