Side effect of the Superdome Screwjob: We just saw 'peak Superdome' (1 Viewer)

These comments may as well be from 2012 after Bountygate. We all decide we hate the NFL, but when the Saints are good we're still going to go apeshirt for them.

You are tying two things together that don't need to be tied. The outcome sucked. But as much fun as I had for 3 and a half quarters, I'll be just as loud next year. For what we pay for tickets, lets make the most of it. Frankly, I've missed the crowd excitment during the 7-9 years.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we don't lose the home opener next year.

Sadly I agree. I was all in. Everyone was all in. It will be next to impossible to replicate after that injustice. The Saints will be pretty good next year but Payton will have a tough time getting the same effort and dedication from his players. It's human nature. Why give it your all if the game is rigged against you? We'll be a decent team and probably win a playoff game. But I can't see us being dominant or so lucky with injuries again. Brees will be a hall of famer but won't get the second super bowl he deserves.

That's not how I think. I would spend the offseason doing everything I could to get better, and come into next season with a huge chip on my shoulder. I suggest that players with the character that the Saints core group currently has are thinking the same way. They aren't going to relax. They are going to go into attack mode.

That's not how I think. I would spend the offseason doing everything I could to get better, and come into next season with a huge chip on my shoulder. I suggest that players with the character that the Saints core group currently has are thinking the same way. They aren't going to relax. They are going to go into attack mode.

I hope so. I'm just so destroyed over this. The league's silence makes it so much worse.

Sadly I agree. I was all in. Everyone was all in. It will be next to impossible to replicate after that injustice. The Saints will be pretty good next year but Payton will have a tough time getting the same effort and dedication from his players. It's human nature. Why give it your all if the game is rigged against you? We'll be a decent team and probably win a playoff game. But I can't see us being dominant or so lucky with injuries again. Brees will be a hall of famer but won't get the second super bowl he deserves.

10 years ago this place was rife with people in the cheap seats complaining that the rich folks in club didn't make any noise and they were right. But every single year the dome has gotten a little bit more and more involved. It's as if the fans had to learn how to make noise and when to make noise and now important it is that they do.

we had a few years of mediocre football with all the 7 and 9 years, but the dome was loud and got louder.
Even the boxes were on their feet and loud Sunday. More importantly, they were informed. The PSAs from players and the team telling people to yell early because of the Lamb's tactics were well heeded. Everyone knew it and the whole stadium participated and I personally think we just saw the beginning of a highly motivated, professional stadium full of fans who know how to help their team. Having this game stolen from us isn't going to kill or end that fact.

What's the old line about a woman scorned? Katrina scorned the dome and us fans. Atlanta felt the wrath on the very first game afterwards. Then we got to the Superbowl. 9 years since and we are clearly a better set of fans looking at a wily, veteran team that's mad and motivated.

We aren't going to the Superbowl this year. Goodell couldn't change it if he wanted to, but the rule will change. Our voices will be heard in that regard and next year will be another chance and I'll be there. If you guys want to quit, go for it. I'd like to have another ticket anyway.

These comments may as well be from 2012 after Bountygate. We all decide we hate the NFL, but when the Saints are good we're still going to go apeshirt for them.

And we all thought we would blast through the league in 2012 fueled by our collective anger at Bountygate, just like folks think we will wreak havoc next year as payback.

But you can only get beaten down so many times before it just wears you out.

I'm pretty well worn out

And we all thought we would blast through the league in 2012 fueled by our collective anger at Bountygate, just like folks think we will wreak havoc next year as payback.

I'm pretty well worn out
Good thing you're not on the team.

I'm pretty well worn out
The Saints did bounce back nicely in 2013 after Bountygate. Had it not been for a rainy day in Carolina, they would have won the division title that year. Don’t forget, they did win their first playoff away game in franchise history at Philadelphia.

Look if we had more games coming up this season at home then I think we would feel defeated at first. But come next season if we look primed to make a run to Miami then the whole season is a revenge season. Crowd will need to be just as loud and then come playoff time be even louder! God I hope we play the Rams again in the Dome. It will be absolutely nuts I'm telling ya!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom