Sign Breshard Perriman (2 Viewers)

He definitely took a step forward.

The issue is that we're going to have to make some tough decisions with our own players who will need long-term deals AND the draft is ridiculously deep and good at WR.

I think WR is the one spot we won't want to commit a long-term deal to anyone this offseason (and Perriman is going to get one from soneone).

He’s been talked about here a lot. He’s certainly there for the taking, and he will end up costing a lot to sign. He’s going to be valued at a significantly higher price than other “options”. He’s a premium target.

I want a TE and WR that can come in day 1 and get PT stack the board on every snap

WR: Perriman or Green , Thomas , Draft/FA
TE:Cook/FA or Trade
RB:Kamara and Murray

a situation where we already have 3 weapons you have to Key in on adding a elite WR as a threat gives you 4 legit options on every single down, that TE and 2nd Receiver would get PT behind Murray but man it would be scary

I want a TE and WR that can come in day 1 and get PT stack the board on every snap

WR: Perriman or Green , Thomas , Draft/FA
TE:Cook/FA or Trade
RB:Kamara and Murray

a situation where we already have 3 weapons you have to Key in on adding a elite WR as a threat gives you 4 legit options on every single down, that TE and 2nd Receiver would get PT behind Murray but man it would be scary
I don’t see the need at TE. We have Jared Cook, Josh Hill, and Taysom Hill all getting snaps at TE. I wouldn’t be opposed to taking one in the later rounds to groom for the future (like they attempted to do with Alize Mack).

The same can be said for RB. We have our guys for 2020, but if a good RB falls to the later rounds, pull the trigger. Can’t go wrong with BPA.

The only skill position we NEED is WR. Luckily, this might be the best talent at that position I’ve ever seen in a draft. I’m pretty confident the Saints end up drafting a WR with one of their first three picks (1, 3, 4).

Here's the problem...you HAVE to take advantage of this year's WR draft class. If you don't...you're pretty much stupid and don't deserve a franchise. And you look at teams with a WR need...the Saints have to be top 5.

There are about 30 WRs with first three round grades. There are about 30 WRs who have the potential to step into the building and immediately be our #2 WR. Not to mention...the first round is littered with TOP WR ability. You have guys like Shenault, Jefferson, and Ruggs, who would definitely got top 20 in most drafts, but I'd be surprised if one of them wasn't there at #24 because of the strength of the draft.

I like Perriman, but the issue is cost. I'm pretty confident that despite his tiny sample size of success, that he'll probably be making $12 million/year. The Saints don't have the cap room to invest in a WR like that, especially considering that there will very likely be a WR available to us for cheap in the draft. The smarter move is to get an establish vet on the downside of their career...like Emmanuel Sanders and Randall Cobb. They will provide an immediate upgrade as a slot/#2 WR, and it would give our rookie WR time to grow. It would probably save us over $5 million/year that we can put toward other needs, like resigning Onyemata, Bell, and one of our CBs.

He definitely took a step forward.

The issue is that we're going to have to make some tough decisions with our own players who will need long-term deals AND the draft is ridiculously deep and good at WR.

I think WR is the one spot we won't want to commit a long-term deal to anyone this offseason (and Perriman is going to get one from soneone).
The Saints can ill-afford not to sign a guy like Perriman or Cooper long-term.

#2wr is literally the biggest weakness on the entire team.

The Saints can ill-afford not to sign a guy like Perriman or Cooper long-term.

#2wr is literally the biggest weakness on the entire team.

They’re both going to cost a ton of money (Cooper obviously more than Perriman).

I agree it’s a huge weakness. But it’s one we can’t afford to pay big $ to fill, or else it will create other long-term holes elsewhere.

They’re both going to cost a ton of money (Cooper obviously more than Perriman).

I agree it’s a huge weakness. But it’s one we can’t afford to pay big $ to fill, or else it will create other long-term holes elsewhere.
Like Oscar Wilde said: "people know the price of everything buy the cost of nothing."

Cheap stop-gap, half-measures like Bryant, Ginn, Trequan and Merridith have burned the team and cost them two Super Bowls in the past 3 years.

The COST to not invest heavily is too high.

I wonder if Perriman is even on the Saints FA radar for 2020?

If anyone knows his tendencies, ability & WR traits is Sean P ... having seen this guy up close and personal twice per season.

I wonder if Perriman is even on the Saints FA radar for 2020?

If anyone knows his tendencies, ability & WR traits is Sean P ... having seen this guy up close and personal twice per season.
According to the Bucs forums, they are going to tag him.

Like Oscar Wilde said: "people know the price of everything buy the cost of nothing."

Cheap stop-gap, half-measures like Bryant, Ginn, Trequan and Merridith have burned the team and cost them two Super Bowls in the past 3 years.

The COST to not invest heavily is too high.

Oscar Wilde didn’t have a salary cap.

I don’t see the need at TE. We have Jared Cook, Josh Hill, and Taysom Hill all getting snaps at TE. I wouldn’t be opposed to taking one in the later rounds to groom for the future (like they attempted to do with Alize Mack).

The same can be said for RB. We have our guys for 2020, but if a good RB falls to the later rounds, pull the trigger. Can’t go wrong with BPA.

The only skill position we NEED is WR. Luckily, this might be the best talent at that position I’ve ever seen in a draft. I’m pretty confident the Saints end up drafting a WR with one of their first three picks (1, 3, 4).

This is true but your assuming Taysom stays , if he does your totally correct that void is filled as he is the #2 Te But if he doesn’t I would like a TE and yes we are set at RB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom