Sign Breshard Perriman (1 Viewer)

I just don't think we have the cap to sign him. I know Loomis can do Loomis things but I would rather use the deep draft to get that missing WR and use what little we have cap wise to help with other positions.

We NEED 2 WRs, we tend to forget this. Just imagine Perriman, Thomas, Shenault in the slot, with Cook. You not stopping that with the defense we had last year. You beat Minny 10 out of 10 times, no matter what game plan you they had.

If Ginn can still run which i think he can. You bring him back all day long for the flanker role. Thats Perrimans fit here. I havent really followed his career and looked at his tape ofr what was his hold up. From what i remember a sprinter that couldnt get off press and rounded off every route that wasnt a go route .

Would be quite ironic if we signed the son of a guy who himself had the same skills we look for in a WR2.

Brett Perriman circa 1988 was utterly wasted in Mora's offense but would be a godsend in a Payton offense. The elder Perriman shined mightily in Detroit, though.

Perriman will be toooooo expensive. If we can land Shenault, a lot less money, plus having him under control for five years.

I want a TE and WR that can come in day 1 and get PT stack the board on every snap

WR: Perriman or Green , Thomas , Draft/FA
TE:Cook/FA or Trade
RB:Kamara and Murray

a situation where we already have 3 weapons you have to Key in on adding a elite WR as a threat gives you 4 legit options on every single down, that TE and 2nd Receiver would get PT behind Murray but man it would be scary

I say yes to TE at #24. The only one I want is TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame. Kmet will not be available by the middle of Round 2. So if we want a very good TE we should go with Cole Kmet. Kmet looks like a Rob Gronkowski clone with speed and athletic ability.

I don’t see the need at TE. We have Jared Cook, Josh Hill, and Taysom Hill all getting snaps at TE. I wouldn’t be opposed to taking one in the later rounds to groom for the future (like they attempted to do with Alize Mack).

The same can be said for RB. We have our guys for 2020, but if a good RB falls to the later rounds, pull the trigger. Can’t go wrong with BPA.

The only skill position we NEED is WR. Luckily, this might be the best talent at that position I’ve ever seen in a draft. I’m pretty confident the Saints end up drafting a WR with one of their first three picks (1, 3, 4).

Cook is up there in age and isn’t a very good inline TE. Josh Hill is completely replaceable. Taysom Hill may be getting more snaps from the backfield. I wouldn’t be opposed to upgrading TE...but I don’t think that it’s a great classfor top tier TE talent. It’d be better to wait.

Perriman looked really good in Tampa last year but his sample size is so small too me.
He's been often injured and excelled in Arians Air Raid Offense. I'm not taking anything away from him talent wise, he's got the tools. But my gut just screams buyer beware with him. I think he's going to get a nice pay day, I just hope it's with someone other that Tampa, at least if I have to eat crow it won't be twice a year against us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom