Sign Winston NOW (2 Viewers)

That's a telling statement if I ever saw one.

Think about that folks. We have not won a game since Winston was injured.

Yes there are other things to be considered but sometimes simplicity and bare facts are the best way to look at something.

Those of you saying we need a franchise quarterback are looking over your own fences when the dog is already in the yard.
Then why NOT consider those things. Because it does not support your argument. Winston would not of got us through these rash of injuries, people would of been clamoring for Siemian or Hill because we all know the backup is the most popular player especially when a team is losing.

Then why NOT consider those things. Because it does not support your argument. Winston would not of got us through these rash of injuries, people would of been clamoring for Siemian or Hill because we all know the backup is the most popular player especially when a team is losing.
II what argument? 🤷‍♂️

I'm not playing what ifs.

I'm stating the facts about the injuries and stating that I think Winston played well.

But Russ doesn't buy time in the pocket. He will get out as soon as he feels pressure. Playing in the pocket was never his strength and I brought up Geno because the same looks that Russ missed were there for Geno and he took them. And you have it backwards, I recognize talent while understanding ones skillset and Russ would struggle with the playbook that Jameis had because the things that everyone wants to nitpick Jameis about is blaring with Russ. And Russ made it to back to back Super Bowls on the back of the defense and run game. Again, you have this backwards. I don't hate Russ at all and if he wore the Black and Gold, I would root for him just the same. I'm just saying that it is hypocritical to say that one quarterback doesn't fit the system while ready to bankrupt a team for a QB that doesn't fit the system, unless the plan is to give him Taysom's playbook, but then you would have to ignore that there is a decline in athleticism.

And Russ really only gave us fits when Rob Ryan was running the defense..lol
Who is this QB that I said that doesn’t fit our system? I have not said anything about anyone not fitting our system.

Not speaking about you personally, but there are a lot of fans doing it.
Gotcha. I think the most frustrating part is we will finally have a great draft spot and a weak QB draft class. Not sure how you guys feel about Willis or Corral, but I’m not sold on these dudes. Would really like to see us draft a franchise QB, but does he exist in this draft?

Gotcha. I think the most frustrating part is we will finally have a great draft spot and a weak QB draft class. Not sure how you guys feel about Willis or Corral, but I’m not sold on these dudes. Would really like to see us draft a franchise QB, but does he exist in this draft?
Not from what I've seen. Those guys are both reaches in the first round, based on what I've seen. And there are a LOT of people who still persist in this "Jameis doesn't fit the system" even though he was working within the system pretty well and being productive given the dearth of talent in receivers. I think a lot of that was because he spent so much time with them in the offseason and had a better feel for where each guy was most comfortable with the ball. I would love to get Russ, but I don't like the potential cost. It's a fun idea in theory, but with where we are in cap space, I think we'd find ourselves in a downhill slide.

He didn’t fix Jameis, he cut his pass attempts to the lowest in the league over the first 6 games. If you want to call that fixed, knock yourself out. But all I saw was a coach that didn’t trust the QB enough to open it up. Siemian averaged 11 more pass attempts in his starts than Jameis did in his. I didn’t include the Tampa game in this comparison, but Siemian even passed more in relief duty than Jameis’ average. And they are only 2% apart in completion percentage.

This isn‘t to say that Siemian or Taysom is a better QB, they aren’t. It’s to say that the premise than Jameis had proven anything as a QB for this team is a myth.
Siemian had to throw more, no backfield (injuries) and line injuries and had to try to play come back. No major problems for JW in the aspect.

This roster absolutely doesn’t need ‘a lot’ of improvement. When healthy we have a top 10 defense and an offense that’s an elite QB, WR and TE away from being top 10. It makes perfect sense to trade for a proven QB.
Now all we need is to find an ELITE QB and TE, come up with the $140 MILLION that elite QBs make, another $70 MILLION for the ELITE TE, then hope MT return to form after missing 2 years.

All with being $60 MILLION OVER the cap, only 32 player signed to contracts in 2022 and now, no high draft picks to find those players we need cuz we traded for a QB.

I’m not sure if I like the plan to be honest

Last edited:
Agreed, plus I think we can narrow the list down to just 1 team right now. Raiders and Bears will be looking for a new coach so I don’t see Russ wanting to go into an unproven regime and Dallas just paid Dak. I’m with you, I believe that RW has the leverage to dictate where he goes if he so desires. Seattle’s FO doesn’t have to oblige his requests but he could always choose to sit and not play next year if the FO doesn’t work with him and his agent. It might force Seattle to take what they can get instead of demanding 3 1st round picks.
If he were to sit out then Seattle doesn’t have to pay him anything and he won’t be taking up a roster spot while he sits. I failed to see how that forces Seattle to trade him.

If he were to sit out then Seattle doesn’t have to pay him anything and he won’t be taking up a roster spot while he sits. I failed to see how that forces Seattle to trade him.
I’m pretty sure Russ has enough money to sit a year. How does that force Seattle to trade him? It really doesn’t but it’s kinda like the Anthony Davis to LA deal. Get something for him while you can. If not he can part ways after sitting out and go where he wants and then they get nothing.

I can't believe a lot of people on here think we can afford Wilson, Watson or Rogers. Plus that will solve our problem, they would have the same players to throw too because we really could not sign anyone after. I think we should resign Winston and spend money WR's, TE and Oline.

Can't really open contract talk till he's medically cleared to walk.

Yep, the day he is and it is determined that the surgery was successful and rehab is in progress we need to sign him to an incentive laden multi year deal....

I can't believe folks are willing to mortgage the future for a soon to be 34 year old QB who has a ton of mileage on him (through no fault of his own) and is clearly not the same player he was a few years ago....but, to each his own I guess....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom