Sign Winston NOW (1 Viewer)

It makes no sense at all. Giving up multiple picks, including multiple first round picks, to acquire a QB who is realistically playing in a five year window, with a roster in need of some significant upgrades, is a recipe for failure.
How has the 1st rd picks of Peat, Ruiz, Davenport, and Turner worked out so far? So, if the selected players are oft injured or doesn’t perform up to their draft positions, was it still worth it? Or…..instead of wasting those picks, just send them for a top 5 QB, who may be on a 10 year window, like he recently said he wants to play for as long.

As I wouldn't mind the Saints giving up 3 1sts so that I can finally get Ciara's goodies, I really don't think you guys would be appreciative of the sacrifice that the Saints put forth so that I can achieve my personal goals...you guys really wouldn't get anything out of the deal except watching Russ decline w/ no draft capital to boost up the team....But I'd be happy.

With each passing game Winston's value keeps going up.

We should resign him now before he gets too expensive
As soon as I saw this thread, I already knew what some of the replies would be and who they'd be from. The same people asking why Book isn't playing. Or saying Russ is going to be a Saint next year. Or people that really think Popeyes is legit good fried chicken.

I agree man. Winston looked good and that was with this same recieving group. He's a good quarterback, still has room to grow and might still fit into the cap numbers this off-season.

Next year we need good health and a great draft.

Trim fat, trade fat, restructure. Many ways to do it

As much as I enjoy your Russ Bus membership, and consider myself to be on it, let's be honest with ourselves. It is a pipe dream. The only way he could come to the Saints is if he re-does his current contract.

How has the 1st rd picks of Peat, Ruiz, Davenport, and Turner worked out so far? So, if the selected players are oft injured or doesn’t perform up to their draft positions, was it still worth it? Or…..instead of wasting those picks, just send them for a top 5 QB, who may be on a 10 year window, like he recently said he wants to play for as long.

Pointing out picks that haven’t yet lived up to their draft status doesn’t make a strong case for bringing in Wilson. For Wilson to succeed here, this team needs to be able to surround him with a strong enough supporting cast. Giving picks away doesn’t do that. Missing on those picks doesn’t do that.

Brady is an exception. A five year window is realistic for a QB who turns 34 next season. We saw Drew’s skills start to decline around 38/39. Most QBs are declining by that point.

Bc I feel that would be the asking price. Did you not see the asking price for Watson and he has legal issues? I believe Russ’ skill set is Taylor made for an SP led offense. Just my $.02
Nah, it really isn't. Wilson has been most effective after the play breaks down, Payton's offense is most effective when the timing of the play is well executed.

I’m not in the trade the farm for a QB camp, but seeing those names does make me think it’s less crazy than I originally thought.

Pointing out picks that haven’t yet lived up to their draft status doesn’t make a strong case for bringing in Wilson. For Wilson to succeed here, this team needs to be able to surround him with a strong enough supporting cast. Giving picks away doesn’t do that. Missing on those picks doesn’t do that.

Brady is an exception. A five year window is realistic for a QB who turns 34 next season. We saw Drew’s skills start to decline around 38/39. Most QBs are declining by that point.
Yes it does make a case. A wasted pick is a wasted pick. How confident are you with our drafting in the first rd in recent years? Are you that confident we will nail these first rd picks in the future?
1.) drafting is 50/50
2.) Russ is a sure thing
3.) Drew declined from SP having him sling the rock way too much. It was fun to watch, but throwing for 5K or close to that every year was not the best for Drew’s arm.

Yes it does make a case. A wasted pick is a wasted pick. How confident are you with our drafting in the first rd in recent years? Are you that confident we will nail these first rd picks in the future?
1.) drafting is 50/50
2.) Russ is a sure thing
3.) Drew declined from SP having him sling the rock way too much. It was fun to watch, but throwing for 5K or close to that every year was not the best for Drew’s arm.
Well in our defense the last few years we were at the bottom of the board. No way in hell I'm giving up a top 10 pick to pick up a 33 year old QB with the offense looking the way it does outside the QB position. We'd be right where we are, and where Seattle is today, but with Russel Wilson struggling w/ lackluster talent.

Nah, it really isn't. Wilson has been most effective after the play breaks down, Payton's offense is most effective when the timing of the play is well executed.
SP’s offense was predicated on timing due to the perfect combination of peak Drew and a disgusting wealth of offensive pieces. Both of those are eliminated out of the equation now. The past is the past. SP has shifted his mindset to a run heavy offensive attack. Proven by the past couple of years. He also covets a mobile style QB as well. Which possibly explains his infatuation with TH7

Well in our defense the last few years we were at the bottom of the board. No way in hell I'm giving up a top 10 pick to pick up a 33 year old QB with the offense looking the way it does outside the QB position. We'd be right where we are, and where Seattle is today, but with Russel Wilson struggling w/ lackluster talent.
Depends. My Russ comments started when I thought we would finish 9-7. Even if we draft 16-32, I’d still make that trade. However, the way things are looking, we may get somewhere right around 8 or lower. A marquee player would probably be enough for me to table the Russ talks. Despite what we have going on, I still see two winnable games left

I think team should go forward with Semian and Hill. I do think Winston is better then Semian and Hill but not by a large margin. Semian with more continuity and surrounded by our starting Line and skill players could be good. Semian be much cheaper where can retain some core talent like M Williams for example. Now saying that Hill is already contract so can keep seeing if that clicks, Semian gives you competent QB play while you keep looking for the next true QB investment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom