Sign Winston NOW (1 Viewer)

As soon as I saw this thread, I already knew what some of the replies would be and who they'd be from. The same people asking why Book isn't playing. Or saying Russ is going to be a Saint next year. Or people that really think Popeyes is legit good fried chicken.

I agree man. Winston looked good and that was with this same recieving group. He's a good quarterback, still has room to grow and might still fit into the cap numbers this off-season.

Next year we need good health and a great draft.
Pump the brakes. Popeyes fried chicken is a fast food National treasure.

As I wouldn't mind the Saints giving up 3 1sts so that I can finally get Ciara's goodies, I really don't think you guys would be appreciative of the sacrifice that the Saints put forth so that I can achieve my personal goals...you guys really wouldn't get anything out of the deal except watching Russ decline w/ no draft capital to boost up the team....But I'd be happy.
While ignoring CGM looking for somebody to break for a long pass...

Yes it does make a case. A wasted pick is a wasted pick. How confident are you with our drafting in the first rd in recent years? Are you that confident we will nail these first rd picks in the future?
1.) drafting is 50/50
2.) Russ is a sure thing
3.) Drew declined from SP having him sling the rock way too much. It was fun to watch, but throwing for 5K or close to that every year was not the best for Drew’s arm.

Wilson is a good player who is getting up there in age. That cannot be overlooked.

This roster needs a lot of improvement. You can’t argue against the value of high picks and then turn around and hope the team can just plug holes other ways.

If I thought we were a QB away, I might find the idea more intriguing. As it is, we are still working out of cap issues and it’s clear we have to get better in some key areas. That doesn’t take into account other holes that will open up over the next few years.

Anyway, I think there’s almost no chance Wilson will be a Saint next season. I don’t think the conditions are there for it to happen.

Wilson is a good player who is getting up there in age. That cannot be overlooked.

This roster needs a lot of improvement. You can’t argue against the value of high picks and then turn around and hope the team can just plug holes other ways.

If I thought we were a QB away, I might find the idea more intriguing. As it is, we are still working out of cap issues and it’s clear we have to get better in some key areas. That doesn’t take into account other holes that will open up over the next few years.

Anyway, I think there’s almost no chance Wilson will be a Saint next season. I don’t think the conditions are there for it to happen.
There will always be ring chasing veterans that are willing to play for less than market value if an organization is stable with a good culture/locker room, a great QB, a great HC, and guaranteed playing time. You just have to get that QB that is highly respected throughout the league.

There will always be ring chasing veterans that are willing to play for less than market value if an organization is stable with a good culture/locker room, a great QB, a great HC, and guaranteed playing time. You just have to get that QB that is highly respected throughout the league.
If we are talking about Russ, is he even respected in his own locker room? :unsure:

Do you think Wilson is a better QB than Brees? Because we just wrapped up a decade and a half of watching one of the greatest QBs of all time and that often wasn’t enough to land fan coveted free agents the team pursued. Do you think Wilson will tip the scales in a way Brees didn’t?

I like Wilson. I’m concerned about his abilities of late but he’s been a fun player to watch. If he did end up here, I’d hope for the best, obviously. I think the presumed cost to get him, for the duration that would realistically be, is just absolutely ludicrous, though.

Damn. You are going some hard for Taysom. I just want to make sure your real name isn't Mickie Loomis.

Last edited:
Game day at your house sitting at work, looking at that made me really hungry
Man you know what?

That's something I've always thought about even as a lurker for 12 years... getting together with the other cooks on the page and having a feast for anyone on the board that might want to join.

Maybe for the next Saints SB 🤞

As soon as I saw this thread, I already knew what some of the replies would be and who they'd be from. The same people asking why Book isn't playing. Or saying Russ is going to be a Saint next year. Or people that really think Popeyes is legit good fried chicken.

I agree man. Winston looked good and that was with this same recieving group. He's a good quarterback, still has room to grow and might still fit into the cap numbers this off-season.

Next year we need good health and a great draft.
I like Popeyes it is my favorite chicken here in Killeen tx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom