Sign Winston NOW (3 Viewers)

How has the 1st rd picks of Peat, Ruiz, Davenport, and Turner worked out so far? So, if the selected players are oft injured or doesn’t perform up to their draft positions, was it still worth it? Or…..instead of wasting those picks, just send them for a top 5 QB, who may be on a 10 year window, like he recently said he wants to play for as long.
I'll agree Peat is a bust but the rest let's wait & see. Most of the time it takes year 3 before you really see what you have out of a draft.

It’s almost as if he’s coming off a finger injury on his throwing hand, is playing behind a dreadful o-line and finished HC. Also, I missed the rule that says you can’t add to your team and that you have to go into the following season with the same team. And, since when were Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas no names?
The Saints have just about run the wheels off of Kamara. Ever look in to the life expectancy of an NFL RB? The wall suddenly appears and it’s suddenly over. Should have made him a WR in the Deebo mold and invested in a horse of a RB to absorb the mileage Kamara had taken on. Mike who? Hasn’t played the better part of 2 seasons. I’ll count on him as a contributor the next time I see it.

I didn’t see that rule either. I’d love to go out and get new players for a new season. At Russ’ cost, outside of him, we won’t be able to do that. We’ll be shedding veterans again and won’t have our best draft picks (if we trade them for Wilson).

The Saints have just about run the wheels off of Kamara. Ever look in to the life expectancy of an NFL RB? The wall suddenly appears and it’s suddenly over. Should have made him a WR in the Deebo mold and invested in a horse of a RB to absorb the mileage Kamara had taken on. Mike who? Hasn’t played the better part of 2 seasons. I’ll count on him as a contributor the next time I see it.

I didn’t see that rule either. I’d love to go out and get new players for a new season. At Russ’ cost, outside of him, we won’t be able to do that. We’ll be shedding veterans again and won’t have our best draft picks (if we trade them for Wilson).
I once suggested moving AK41 to WR and wanted to draft Jonathan Taylor. Would have been a solid move

I once suggested moving AK41 to WR and wanted to draft Jonathan Taylor. Would have been a solid move
AK is fine where he is...problem is that his workload increased because we didn't have ANY playmakers anywhere else.

MT's injury was the catalyst for all of this, he's available week one, JW isn't running trying to make chicken salad out of chicken doo, and doesn't get injured. If JW is healthy along w/ MT13, then we're not overusing Kamara and trying to make an honest receiver out of Trautman.

2021 STATS
Total QBR JW #4 Russ #33

TD/Int Ratio JW #3 Russ #5

Yards per scramble JW #2 Russ #16

Team win % JW #4 Russ #16

Age JW 27 Russ 33
One big sticking point from the JW haters were “He threw 30 ints in a season”.
JW fans said it was one year.

So, compare their numbers over the course of their careers please?

Also, RW has a 102 QB rating this year. 12 TDs and 3 ints and he missed time with his injury. So, what is your point using that poop QBR metric?

Look at christan mcaffery

One big sticking point from the JW haters were “He threw 30 ints in a season”.
JW fans said it was one year.

So, compare their numbers over the course of their careers please?

Also, RW has a 102 QB rating this year. 12 TDs and 3 ints and he missed time with his injury. So, what is your point using that poop QBR metric?
You are stuck on past stats.

So if you so concerned that 30int in a season maybe be repeated cause it happened once are you also concerned Winston may pass for 5109 yards in a season again also?

Comparing this year is a good measuring stick unless someone is completely biased against Winston

As soon as I saw this thread, I already knew what some of the replies would be and who they'd be from. The same people asking why Book isn't playing. Or saying Russ is going to be a Saint next year. Or people that really think Popeyes is legit good fried chicken.

I agree man. Winston looked good and that was with this same recieving group. He's a good quarterback, still has room to grow and might still fit into the cap numbers this off-season.

Next year we need good health and a great draft.
Don't care about Book, Russ is a pipe dream but you crossed the line with the Popeyes remark...

So if you so concerned that 30int in a season maybe be repeated cause it happened once are you also concerned Winston may pass for 5109 yards in a season again also?

Comparing this year is a good measuring stick unless someone is completely biased against Winston
And I gave you a 102 QB rating 12/3 TD to Int ratio, while having no run game, super terrible Oline, one of the worst defenses in the league, and a deflated HC. That’s THIS season. Russ is holding his own despite all of the crap surrounding him. I’m not against JW, I like the guy, and I would be A O K if he was our QB next year. But if I had a choice between the two, then it’s Russ all day/every day.

And Winston played the last month plus of that season playing with an injury, that impacted his accuracy. The Stans accept that the finger hurt Hill’s effectiveness last night, but don’t give that same grace to Winston, a guy that also threw for 5k yds and 33 TDs while injured.

These guys. It’s getting comical.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom