Signage Added to Superdome Obstructing View of Those in Upper Box End Zone (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Over the decades, I have sat throughout the Superdome. I have had season tickets for years in the upper box end zone--on row 1 on the railing--because the view can be fantastic and because I thought it offered for the money the best value in the Superdome. No longer.

I noticed Monday night (though someone said that this could have been done in late 2018) that the Superdome has added signage in front of the upper box end zone sections. The field of vision for someone sitting on the first row is largely the space between the top of the wall and the railing. The signs added are level with the wall and protrude out about seven inches, affecting that field of vision. I don't know whether the view of those sitting in, say, rows 2 and 3 has also been affected.

Are there others sitting in the upper box end zone who have noticed the signage and whose view of the game has been adversely affected? I am trying to find out whether the signage has just affected perhaps 30 people or so, or a greater number.

Trying to envision this ...

Which portion of the field is the signage blocking out from where you sit? Blocking out part of the near end zone right "below" your seats?

Over the decades, I have sat throughout the Superdome. I have had season tickets for years in the upper box end zone--on row 1 on the railing--because the view can be fantastic and because I thought it offered for the money the best value in the Superdome. No longer.

I noticed Monday night (though someone said that this could have been done in late 2018) that the Superdome has added signage in front of the upper box end zone sections. The field of vision for someone sitting on the first row is largely the space between the top of the wall and the railing. The signs added are level with the wall and protrude out about seven inches, affecting that field of vision. I don't know whether the view of those sitting in, say, rows 2 and 3 has also been affected.

Are there others sitting in the upper box end zone who have noticed the signage and whose view of the game has been adversely affected? I am trying to find out whether the signage has just affected perhaps 30 people or so, or a greater number.

I sit in row one of that section of the Dome as well RJ! I can vouch that the signage is annoying and can somewhat block your field of vision. However, I’ve made the best of the situation and bang my hand on the signs when we are on defense to create extra noise! I guess that’s all we can do? ??‍♂️

yes, the end zone below our seats.

I just send an email to Mike Stanfield regarding the issue. WhoDatNation 2, I will let you know what the response is. The problem could be addressed if the signage were not so thick--does it contain lighting equipment--and if it were hung a few inches lower.

We need pics.

WhoDat, ticket office called me, indicating that it would check with Superdome about the issue and that, if I were still dissatisfied after this season, it would try to help with relocation. Very pleasant conversation. I appreciated the call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom