Significant tornado threat Sunday for La, Ar, Ms, Tn, Al, Ga continuing Monday into Mid Atlantic (Update: New Storms Sunday 4/19) (1 Viewer)

5 Super cells lined up to the west of the OKC. Not a fan of these nighttime storms. Big hail and a couple spin ups so far.

Another round hitting N Louisiana this afternoon. Severe storm warnings are out for NW and should be announced for NE soon

We have been having storms off and on all morning. Last one dropped golf ball sized hail in town.

Gonna fire up later but looks like we will be on the northern side of the worst of if.

Ugh. I’m in north Mississippi right now cleaning up from some precious storms. Not good.

Figured I'd add to the thread with some up close and personal reports. That really long track tornado that came out of Texas, cut through central Louisiana, and then headed to Mississippi? Yeah, it made a visit VERY near me. Close enough that it could be heard. About 9:30 Wednesday night my mom texts me and says to turn on the local weather. They were covering it live, showing radar and all that. You could clearly see where the rotation was based on the ground debris the radar was picking up. It was making a beeline to me. About 10 minutes before it arrived, I bolted out, heading perpendicular to its path, thinking that the last time I'd leave my house. Upon my return about two hours later (a tree had blocked the main highway or I would have been back sooner), I was relieved to see my house was still there, but my utility pole was not. It was snapped. Everyone else around me had power. Turns out that the base of pole was starting to rot, so it couldn't hold up to the winds. I've got electricity back now, satellite will be fixed Monday and phone / internet Wednesday. I'm using my phone's hotspot for the time being. All I know is when I set foot outside to leave the other night, the view was terrifying. Every time the lightning flashed, I could see the shape of the storm clouds in the distance and the black wisps in the air. I've never been more scared in my life.

Figured I'd add to the thread with some up close and personal reports. That really long track tornado that came out of Texas, cut through central Louisiana, and then headed to Mississippi? Yeah, it made a visit VERY near me. Close enough that it could be heard. About 9:30 Wednesday night my mom texts me and says to turn on the local weather. They were covering it live, showing radar and all that. You could clearly see where the rotation was based on the ground debris the radar was picking up. It was making a beeline to me. About 10 minutes before it arrived, I bolted out, heading perpendicular to its path, thinking that the last time I'd leave my house. Upon my return about two hours later (a tree had blocked the main highway or I would have been back sooner), I was relieved to see my house was still there, but my utility pole was not. It was snapped. Everyone else around me had power. Turns out that the base of pole was starting to rot, so it couldn't hold up to the winds. I've got electricity back now, satellite will be fixed Monday and phone / internet Wednesday. I'm using my phone's hotspot for the time being. All I know is when I set foot outside to leave the other night, the view was terrifying. Every time the lightning flashed, I could see the shape of the storm clouds in the distance and the black wisps in the air. I've never been more scared in my life.
Glad you are ok. Are you in the Chambers area?

Forecasting up to baseball sized hail and 75 MPH winds here tomorrow afternoon. Smattering of tornadoes.

Brandon! Come on down!

Forecasting up to baseball sized hail and 75 MPH winds here tomorrow afternoon. Smattering of tornadoes.

Brandon! Come on down!
That shirt better stay far the fork away from me this time. I'm still trying to recover from last week.

That shirt better stay far the fork away from me this time. I'm still trying to recover from last week.
You might get some of the striaght line winds overnight.

I'm not sold storms will stay isolated long enough to produce much in the way of big hail or tornadoes, thinking straight line wind is the bigger threat. I'm probably going to sit this one out but still watching models closely.

You might get some of the striaght line winds overnight.

I'm not sold storms will stay isolated long enough to produce much in the way of big hail or tornadoes, thinking straight line wind is the bigger threat. I'm probably going to sit this one out but still watching models closely.
Last model I saw on the weather forecast showed the line weakening / breaking as it approached my location, so hopefully it won't be too bad. It's supposed to pass through here around 3:30 or 4 in the morning, so fingers crossed that I'll just sleep through it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom